Program changes not working on only one Big Sky Preset!!!

I have a program change on one of my buttons pages that literally works when I am on any preset except for just one. I have a PC change between 0 (off) 5 (on) to be able to switch between two different reverbs on the Big Sky. What is interesting is the PC change is still relative to the new preset it takes me to. The Big Sky is changing between bank 85 and 87 and is 5 presets apart like it should be but is offset on this preset. I am stuck, does anyone have any suggestions??

Chris

It seems like that preset is sending a bank change message (CC#0) to the pedal. Have a look at your preset actions and buttons to see if CC#0 is being sent anywhere.

Anytime I am on a "drive" preset for any song it does this. I don't see a bank change message, am I missing something or looking in the wrong place?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-16 at 2.03.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-16 at 2.03.05 PM.png
    406.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Screen Shot 2021-07-16 at 2.03.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-16 at 2.03.24 PM.png
    385.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Screen Shot 2021-07-16 at 2.03.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-16 at 2.03.37 PM.png
    410.9 KB · Views: 3
If you look at your drive presets, you're selecting preset #299 on the Big Sky. This selects a different MIDI bank and a different preset. When you send PC#5 from your IA button, you're only selecting a different preset, but leaving the MIDI bank the same. This is why there's an offset of 256 presets.

There are two solutions:
- Don't select Big Sky preset #299 in those PBC presets. Select something in the first 100 presets instead, that will avoid MIDI bank problems.
or
- On your button that selects preset #5, add a MIDI bank select to make sure you switch to the first MIDI bank:
Big Sky / CC Toggle #0 off:0 on:0
Big Sky / PC off:5 on:5

One more question and I hope you can help with this because I have a gig I need to get this sorted out for! I'm a little confused on when to use "Send on preset change" and "update state on preset change." When I make changes on my presets the Big Sky changes just fine but my timeline tries to change but goes right back to the preset it was on. I didn't have a problem with this before and must have messed something up when trying to make all these adjustments. Any clarification on this would be really helpful!

Attachments

• PBC 6x.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
I think I figured everything out but still need more understanding on IA settings in general and applications.

Thank you again for your help!

I just stumbled upon them and am watching them now. Lots of detail in the videos that I’m sure will answer many of my questions!

Thanks!

Back