Progress report - PBC Pedaltrain Pro build

jjtguitar

Back in January I posted about my "Frankenstein" rig (linked here):

Progress has been made! It's a bit neater, and there have been a number of swaps! Details below.

My PBC Oct 2022 Sm.jpg

I'm still working with a lot of the "infrastructure" that I had before I got the PBC. Pedaltrain Pro board, CIOKS DC10 and Strymon Ojai power.
Signal chain is:
Guitar into Boss WL-60 Wireless (or guitar cable into WL-60) -> Goodwood Audio Underfacer Buffer In -> Digitech FreqOut -> PBC10 Input
PBC Loops:
Loop 1: Stomp Audio Labs Octopus
Loop 2: Xotic SP Compressor
Loop 3: Decibelics Golden House
Loop 4: Analogman Prince of Tone
Loop 5: Lovepedal Kanji Eternity
Loop 6: Mesa Throttle Box
PBC Out 6 -> Loopi Pedals Insert Box (when using Simplifier this is used for input and FX send) -> Ernie Ball Volume Jnr (modded by Loopi Pedals) -> PBC In 7
Loop 7: Strymon BigSky
Loop 8: Eventide H9
Loop 9: Free the Tone Future Factory
Loop 10: Neunaber Illumine
Output of PBC -> Left/Right In of Underfacer
Output of Underfacer goes to FX returns of Simplifier -> Simplifier out goes to DAW (studio) or FOH (live).
If I want to use a guitar amp (or amps), I just unpatch the Simplifier from the insert loop and I'm good to go. Underfacer takes care of summing if I want to use one amp.
Quartz V3 takes care of tempo management. Loopi aux pedal (bottom left) does page up/down on the PBC (despite what the labels say). Goodwood Rmt (top right) is a master mute. Polytune 2 is patched to tuner out of Underfacer.

I used LucidChart to do a system diagram so I could keep track of everything:
PT-Pro PBC Rig Plan Oct 2022.jpeg
Most of these pedals are locked in choices. Still haven't locked in my higher gain choice, the Throttle Box is being swapped out for a Wampler Plexi-Drive Deluxe this week. Planning to get a Jackson Audio Bloom as my compressor option, and run it in from of the PBC controlled by MIDI to free up a loop.

I plan to run this setup for another 6-12 months, to give me time to work through any issues, and time to save up for a new board and cabling. Aiming to go on to a slightly smaller angled board, with a bridge. The spare PBC loop will probably go to my Thorpy FX Fallout Cloud, or some other fuzz option. Intend to put a MIDI modded POG2 into the Insert Loop between 6 & 7 on the PBC. When Source Audio release their upcoming MIDI adapter for their One Series pedals, my C4 Synth will go under the board, along with all the power (will move to CIOKS DC7), the Underfacer and a MIDI Solutions Quadra Thru.

I have to say, I absolutely LOVE the PBC. Such an amazing piece of gear. Thank you Ron for creating it. It is so very powerful, yet so easy to use. I got it up and running with only a cursory look at the manual, yet I can dig deeper and deeper and try and do crazier things, and the PBC always seems to have a solution! A stellar piece of gear!

Attachments

• PT-Pro PBC Rig Plan Oct 2022.jpeg
    PT-Pro PBC Rig Plan Oct 2022.jpeg
    165.7 KB · Views: 2
Back