Questions on replacing my PBC with GT16/gizmoX

trulsux

Hello people!
Thinking of replacing my trusted PBC and going with a small rack and a gt16 and gizmo X. Getting more and more pedals with MIDI but no display
so having more visual info with the GT16 is the main reason. Has anyone done the same thing and have any thoughts to share?
Are you fine with just one buffer? Can you reorder loops from the GT16 or do you have to do that with the Gizmo editor? Do you miss the internal mixer? any thoughts and
advice are welcome.....
Cheers/ Truls

To answer one of those questions: Each preset on the Mini Effect Gizmo X can have a different loop order. I recommend using PCs to recall MEGX presets for loop order selection, then send CCs for individual loop on and off settings. You do need the MEGX editor to set up those presets on the MEGX, but after that, you can do everything from the GT editor.

Alternately, you can use Sysex messages to set loop order in the MEGX. It's a less user friendly approach, but then you don't have to use the MEGX editor at all. The Sysex message format is described in the MEGX manual.

Back