Questions on replacing my PBC with GT16/gizmoX

trulsux

Hello people!
Thinking of replacing my trusted PBC and going with a small rack and a gt16 and gizmo X. Getting more and more pedals with MIDI but no display
so having more visual info with the GT16 is the main reason. Has anyone done the same thing and have any thoughts to share?
Are you fine with just one buffer? Can you reorder loops from the GT16 or do you have to do that with the Gizmo editor? Do you miss the internal mixer? any thoughts and
advice are welcome..... ( yes, I posted this in the PBC forum as well :) )
Cheers/ Truls

I started with the effects gizmo as racks were what i always used (80's to early 90's). Later years, as pedalboards became more prominent, I purchased the PBC10. I find myself going back to the rack setup as it's easier for stage setup/breakdown and better use of space. I also agree switching to the GT for easier visual control is my choice. I switch from both a live rig with rack preamps/amps and heads, and in some setups use an axefx3 modeler...I've been using the PBC10 for both setups for the time being. I've had my eye on the GT22 for some time. Just waiting for the right moment to purchase one $$. What I have works, so there's no immediacy. It's a want, not a need.

Depending on the megx configuration, you can setup and reorder loops from the editor, but call them from the midi controller (unlike my effects gizmo...I still have and use). I got the megx as a gift but haven't used it yet. Many pedals have buffers, but if you needed another, you can purchase buffers. I purchased also from Ron one of his old Tone Savers (still have that too).... I been supporting Ron for years and purchased essentially everything he has created except the GT series midi controller. Answering your question for a mixer, I have a Rane sm82s. There's other mixer options as well. It's a cool feature alone on the PBC10.

Back