Quick Start for GT16?

aw2

Hi, I've just received a GT16(very nice device) and I'm going to read the full manual, but I'm missing a "Quick start" or "Getting started guide" or something similar.

What I want to do is a different screen for each song, and each song is a different preset in the axe fx II. But for every song I'd like to configure the GT different. In some of them I want to use only scenes of the axe. In other songs not scenes and use the pedals like "normal" pedals.

The manual seems very good and deep but it's overwhelming at the beginning. Any advice? Thanks

Unfortunately, we've never been able to come up with a quick start guide, because different people want to use it in different ways. There's no one "right" way to set it up.

This first thing to clear up is - do you really want to use songs? Do you need more than one GT preset per Axe-Fx preset?

Hi. Thanks for the response.

I have read the full manual now and I understand more now. As you say I don´t to need use songs in the mmgt. When I said songs in my first post I mean "real" songs, not "mmgt songs".

I have tuner, tap tempo and preset menu working. Quite easy.

Now I'd like to configure a different page for each preset. As far as I understand there is 16 pages. If I have let's say 20 songs I want to play("real songs") can I have a different page for each preset? I think this can be done with local pages but I can't find information on this topic, How to create them? How to configure the buttons on each of them?

Any idea? Thanks

No problem, in the presets tab, select a preset and check Edit Local Buttons. Now, you can edit the buttons right there on the Presets tab, like you would in the Buttons tab for a normal button page. Checking Edit Local Buttons sets a couple of other important settings:

Local Page - this checkbox is actually the one that controls whether the preset has a local page or not.
Show Page - this selection tells the GT which button page should be displayed when the preset is selected. If the preset has a local page, "Local Page" will be one of the available options.

Hello. Thanks a lot. Much easier than I thought. I'll probably have some more questions in the next few days though.

Back