Rack Gizmo and Midi with Behringer FX2000

ChefJason

Hi, I was wondering if it were possible and how to be able to have my Rack Gizmo with it's original Mastermind be able to talk to my Behringer FX2000 rack so I am able to change the user presets from the Mastermind with the press of a foot. That way I can decide if I want preset 7 that has reverb on it, or swap it with preset 2 which is pitch shift. Instead of getting a behringer foot controller, and having all this gear all over the floor, just pedal board, mastermind, and my racks and cab.
https://media.americanmusical.com/ItemFiles/Manual/BEH_FX2000_Manual.pdf

Yes, you should be able to do that. Set the Behringer to a different MIDI channel than the Rack Gizmo and set up a second MIDI device in the Mastermind to control it (Rack Gizmo would be labeled PC1 and Behringer would be PC2 in the Mastermind's setup). There are some old videos on Youtube that should the details of Mastermind setup for multiple devices.

Yes, you should be able to do that. Set the Behringer to a different MIDI channel than the Rack Gizmo and set up a second MIDI device in the Mastermind to control it (Rack Gizmo would be labeled PC1 and Behringer would be PC2 in the Mastermind's setup). There are some old videos on Youtube that should the details of Mastermind setup for multiple devices.
I've been scouring youtube all tonight, I can't seem to find anything with the original mastermind, they are all videos of the current new ones.

Hey I never figured it out, I thought I got close but now I have the time to try to work with it. The video is set to private.

Hey thank you, I was able to figure out and navigate things, i had already printed out all the manuals (i got the originals somewhere idk) and just messed around with some buttons, there was some things I had to do in the FX2000 to be able to get it to receive the midi, and then had to go into the mastermind to get the correct cc numbers, apparently the user settings are in the 100s (but I don't think they tell you that specifically), now what I want to do is get my mission SP-1 expression to work with the mastermind to be able to change either mix or parameters. When I plugged in the expression before I got blinking function 1 and loop 1, any videos on the expression? Or if you have any suggestions, I will be looking at the manual and messing around more, and thanks by the way.

An SP-1 isn't going to work well, unless it's one that has a reverse polarity switch. You can also use a TRS cable with the tip and ring swapped at one end to reverse the polarity.

Also, the flashing LEDs are a weird symptom. What are you powering the Mastermind with? It might be drawing too much for your power supply, if your supply is small. (it draws more power when an expression pedal is connected).

Oh its also good to note with the SP-1 I have I've had an expressionator for like a couple years now. I'm wondering if the expressionator can work, or should I still buy the reverse polarity cable? I also misread, I'm using a Fender 7 pin midi hooked into the back of the rack gizmo.

Oh its also good to note with the SP-1 I have I've had an expressionator for like a couple years now. I'm wondering if the expressionator can work, or should I still buy the reverse polarity cable? I also misread, I'm using a Fender 7 pin midi hooked into the back of the rack gizmo.
I think the expressionator has a reverse polarity switch, that would do it.

What power supply are you using to power the Rack Gizmo? It needs to be big enough to power both the Rack Gizmo and the Mastermind.

ART PS4x4Pro, the older one without the USB chargers. I also am using the supplied power wall wart that came with the Rack Gizmo. Then I'm powering the Mastermind with the Fender 7pin midi.

I think the expressionator has a reverse polarity switch, that would do it.

What power supply are you using to power the Rack Gizmo? It needs to be big enough to power both the Rack Gizmo and the Mastermind.
Is the reverse polarity on the inside or is it some sneaky setting if you would know?

So I messed around with it tonight, and wasn't really able to get the continuous to work. The calibration worked, and also I could see it was doing something to the rack's midi light, but I couldn't figure out the pedal settings in the preset setup, even in the global setup, which I had thought I input the correct information. CC1 seemed to make the effect be only one number staticly, if it seems I'm rambling randomly it's because I've been up and should probably go to bed, I have to take someone to a doctors appointment tomorrow morning, so I will be back later trying to make sense in my posts.

Back