Rack gizmo with GCX?

Meanoldfireman

Just checking if I can plug the MIdi out from the Rack gizmo into the pedal in on the GCX, without cutting 1 and 3 on the cable? (The GCX uses 1 and 3 for phantom power)Thanks

The MIDI Out on the Rack Gizmo doesn't have anything connected on pins 1 and 3, so that's safe. (The MIDI input on the Rack Gizmo is another story...)

The MIDI Out on the Rack Gizmo doesn't have anything connected on pins 1 and 3, so that's safe. (The MIDI input on the Rack Gizmo is another story...)
I not worried there. That's for the GT22. I'm just trying to figure what my options will be as far as where to put the GCX in the MIDI chain. It looks like almost everything in both racks have 1 and 3 nc, so I shouldn't have to cut the pins out.

Thanks!

Does the same apply to the MIDI out on the Effect Gizmo? I’ve always been too scared to plug into the GCX directly, so I’ve run an unused GCP in between them to be safe

Pins 1 and 3 on the Effect Gizmo's MIDI thru/out are not connected to anything, so it's safe.

Back