Re-ordering loops with 2 MEGXs?

rlhinc

I'm aware that you can re-order the loops in a MEGX box... but is there a reasonably simple way to re-order loops with 2 MEGX? I've not read or seen anything about this possibility.

In other words, if I assume 6 loops available on each MEGX - for now, let's forget about Mono, split mono, and all the other things that might change those numbers - that's 12 available loops (MEGX #1, Loops 1-6 and MEGX #2, Loops 7-12). Will the software allow me to, for example, place what's in Loop 1 (MEGX #1, Loop 1) into 8th position (MEGX #2, Loop 2)?? And of course, on a per/preset basis?

Obviously, this example is completely random. But, hopefully, the question is clear.

Thanks!

It's physically impossible to do that in general - loops can only be moved within the switcher they're connected to.

You can get a limited version of what you're asking, though. You can put one MEGX in the loop of the other one. Let's call one MEGX "A" and one "B". Put MEGX B in loop 1 of MEGX A. The loops in MEGX B can be reordered, the loops in MEGX A can be reordered, and the loops in MEGX B can be moved - as a group - between the loops of MEGX A. So you could have configurations that look like this:

A2 A3 A4 A5 A6 B1 B2 B3 B4 B5 B6

B1 B2 B3 B4 B5 B6 A2 A3 A4 A5 A6

A5 A6 B4 B6 B3 B2 B1 B5 A2 A4 A3

The main limitation being that all the B loops must be together, you can't have A loops in between B loops

Back