Read settings from device - IA cycle step names

ANASON Records

I have an Axe Fx 3 Standard and RJM Mastermind GT16.

All devices, editors are on latest version. And my rig works without any issues beside this minor issue. On the editor, when i click on "read settings from device" the editor gets preset names but not the "IA cycle step" names. On the GT16 i see the names of those as i custom programmed with a previous editor.

Am i missing smth or is this just how that command works?

We don't read anything into IA cycle steps. For Axe-Fx III effect buttons, they're pre-loaded with "A", "B", "C" etc. If you had different names in a previous configuration, you would have had to edit them manually.

sorry i think my message was confusing, or i am not able to follow. when i have the editor on, and under transfer tab if i click on the "read settings from device" it should pull all congiguration, button settings and also (it would have been great if it was) the cycle step names right? lets say a button my device (gt16) shows for cycle A "mu-tron" as i programmed, but after the "read settings " command it still shows that cycle step as A.

Deleted my previous post as it was confusing. What I meant to say is that naming the cycle step (A,B,C,D) button names is a function wholly within the MMGT — it doesn’t exist within the AFX3, so it can’t get stored/recalled (or “read”) from there.

(I think — only halfway through my first cup of coffee this morning…)

“read from device” is to read from mastermind GT not from axe fx. These are names i put with the GT editor. When i am doing edits and click “read settings from device” IMHO those should be pulled also.

Ok, are you saying that you manually edited the step names on the GT, and those changes are not loading into the editor?

Ok, are you saying that you manually edited the step names on the GT, and those changes are not loading into the editor?
yes, those are cycle step names i programmed many many months ago via the editor. and yes, those dont load in the editor. editor pulls the IA button names but the cycle step names stay A, B, C, D.

(another topic/issue) when i use turkish characters for IA button names, there is total inconsistency both in the unit and in the editor. Those characters turn into question marks either in editor or on the unit. but not all, some…and it leads also to another mismatch on unit screens and editor.)

Ok, you probably have uncovered a bug. It's pretty rare these days for people to do much editing directly on the GT, so it's probably something that no one has tried. (And if they had, they definitely didn't report it to me).

The GT has the "Latin-1" character set, and it's possible that Turkish has some characters that aren't in that set. I'll try to look into it, but I can't really do much to extend the fonts on the device. There isn't enough room to put more font data in there. If possible, I'll try to have it at least show up correctly in the editor.

thanks, as i mentioned above i did those edits on a previous version of the editor, not on the unit but regardless the issue/result is same.

thanks for looking in to this. i will next days upload some photos of türkish character issue. it’s not that some characters are missing but it sometimes shows them correct sometimes not.
on photos i will send it will be easier to understand what i am trying to say.

If you transfer settings using a flash drive, does that carry over the cycle steps correctly?

If you transfer settings using a flash drive, does that carry over the cycle steps correctly?
yes, just did that and it carried those over. but it did the same thing with the fonts. for example on GT16 this character shows up "Ç" but in the editor it gets replaced with "?"

there is some inconsistency between page 16(buttons tab) and local page(under presets/edit local buttons). technically these 2 should look identical, right? and reflect all edits one to another but this is not the case.
IA cycle names are not being carried over from local page to page 16.

my axe fx 3, GT16 and editor are on latest version.

The local page and page 16 are not the same. If a preset has a local page, it takes the place of global page 16 when the preset loads. But, edits to the local page do not affect page 16 and vice versa.

The local page and page 16 are not the same. If a preset has a local page, it takes the place of global page 16 when the preset loads. But, edits to the local page do not affect page 16 and vice versa.
well not the case on my end here. if i edit the local page it reflects all but the cycle names to page 16 instantly. can send screen shots if that helps.

Ok, I tried it here and I can see that it happens. I'll work on fixing this bug. FYI, it's not actually changing page 16. For some reason, selecting Edit Local Buttons changes the view of page 16 in the Buttons tab to show the current preset's local page. This seems to happen only the first time you select Edit Local Buttons for a preset which creates a local page for that preset.

If you were to go to the Buttons tab, then switch from page 16 to another page and back to page 16, you'll see the original page 16 again.

Ok, I tried it here and I can see that it happens. I'll work on fixing this bug. FYI, it's not actually changing page 16. For some reason, selecting Edit Local Buttons changes the view of page 16 in the Buttons tab to show the current preset's local page. This seems to happen only the first time you select Edit Local Buttons for a preset which creates a local page for that preset.

If you were to go to the Buttons tab, then switch from page 16 to another page and back to page 16, you'll see the original page 16 again.
thank you so much.

Back