Reading Presets/Scenes from the Axe-Fx III

HereToday

Possible issue that I haven't been able to find an answer for thru a lot of searching. When I Get Scenes and Create Songs, I was under the impression from the wiki that AFx presets would be populated to the GT songs list an that AFx scenes would be populated to the GT preset list. The Songs are created but the scenes are not shwing up in the preset list. Am I not properly understanding how this works? Maybe doing something wrong again! Lol

Attachments

• Settings 14Jul2022.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
if you have Get Scenes turned on, Axe-Fx presets will be copied to GT presets, and Axe-Fx scenes will be copied to GT scenes.

If Create Songs is also turned on, Axe-Fx presets will be copied to GT songs, and Axe-Fx scenes will be copied to GT presets.

it’s the same information, it’s just stored differently in the GT

if you have Get Scenes turned on, Axe-Fx presets will be copied to GT presets, and Axe-Fx scenes will be copied to GT scenes.
Verifed that all of this occurs correctly.

If Create Songs is also turned on, Axe-Fx presets will be copied to GT songs, and Axe-Fx scenes will be copied to GT presets.

The first half of this occures correctly. AxeFx Scenes do not get copied to GT presets, though.

@HereToday

Very basic info below, but maybe will still help.

So, when you setup your GT22, holding down the two small buttons just below the main LCD screen on the GT22, and first selecting "Edit Device" button, and assuming this is the only device you have, choosing 1: Axe-FX button (upper left). Now when you choose the "Get Presets Names" button, now you are presented with five choices (other than Start or Done). If you choose the "Get Scenes" button so it is ON, and choose the "Create Songs" button so it OFF, and set the "Start Preset" to 1, and the "End Preset" to 10, you can choose the "Start" button and it should bring your preset info from your AF3 (preset 1 - preset 10), into your GT22, along with the scenes for those presets. You can test to see if that worked, by clicking the "Done" button until actual preset info is shown on your GT22, with the same preset on your AF3.

This is how I choose to run my GT22, but you can expand beyond this, if you desire. It just might be good to know it is working as intended at this level.

Hope this isn't too redundant or rudimentary, but starting at square one can sometimes help.

Cheers,
Lee

@HereToday

Very basic info below, but maybe will still help.

So, when you setup your GT22, holding down the two small buttons just below the main LCD screen on the GT22, and first selecting "Edit Device" button, and assuming this is the only device you have, choosing 1: Axe-FX button (upper left). Now when you choose the "Get Presets Names" button, now you are presented with five choices (other than Start or Done). If you choose the "Get Scenes" button so it is ON, and choose the "Create Songs" button so it OFF, and set the "Start Preset" to 1, and the "End Preset" to 10, you can choose the "Start" button and it should bring your preset info from your AF3 (preset 1 - preset 10), into your GT22, along with the scenes for those presets. You can test to see if that worked, by clicking the "Done" button until actual preset info is shown on your GT22, with the same preset on your AF3.

This is how I choose to run my GT22, but you can expand beyond this, if you desire. It just might be good to know it is working as intended at this level.

Hope this isn't too redundant or rudimentary, but starting at square one can sometimes help.

Cheers,
Lee

Thanks, Lee. The Get Scenes is working just fine, it's the Create Songs option that is not working for me. For now, I have decided that I will just enter the names manually as I work thru updating my Axe presets to FW20.02.

Back