Really weird issue...

boyce89976

I have a PBC preset that recalls a Mobius preset, and turns on loop 7 which is where the Mobius is. Here's the issue:
- With loop 7 set to turn on, the Mobius calls up the wrong preset
- With loop 7 set to not come on, the Mobius calls up the right preset

I can not figure out what's happening to cause this behavior. It does this whether I set Loop 7 to be on through the editor or by saving it's "on" state via the PBC. Conversely, If I set Loop 7 to not come on, either through the editor or via saving it's "off" state via the PBC it recalls the right preset. @rjmmusic

Last edited:
Here's the PBC file. The preset is #214: "Verse 2|Lion and the Lamb"

Attachments

• Mastermind PBC Settings.TIMELINE MASTER 1.7.20 Wrong Preset Command.rjs
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
You have some buttons that are interacting. On page 4, you have a button called "DESTROYER". It turns on Loop 7 and also selects a PC on the Mobius. This button has IA Link turned on, which means that it is linked to all other buttons that control loop 7. So, when you turn on Loop 7, you're also turning on the Destroyer button. In addition to that, you have Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change turned on. This means that the button will always send its message(s) every time you change presets. If the button is off, it will send PC #0 to the Mobius, if the button is on, it will send PC1. Every preset change. And, this overrides any selected PC in the Presets tab.

There are a number of ways to fix this, but my best guess is that turning off Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change on this button would be the best course of action for you.

UPDATE: I looked at your other buttons, and you have 9 buttons that do similar things - turn on Loop 7 and select a preset on the Mobius. I recommend turning off Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change on all of them.

Thanks, Ron! Everything was working fine until I changed that one preset to turn on loop 7. I'll make those changes. Thank you!

Back