Rearrange button page order without reprogramming

Not sure if this is covered here somewhere.

On my PBC6X I finally have everything working the way I'd like but I'd like to the change the order of the button pages. Is it possible to move them around without reprogramming everything?

Thanks for looking!

Yep! In the editor, go to the Buttons page and right click anywhere between the buttons. There will be options to Copy from Page and Copy to Page.

One warning though - in my experience, this can screw with what is engaged in individual presets, so I'd recommend checking over everything after you make the change.

Thanks for the response. I see it now and can't believe I never noticed that before. I will make a fresh backup before I make changes and test everything once complete.

Thanks again!

One warning though - in my experience, this can screw with what is engaged in individual presets, so I'd recommend checking over everything after you make the change.

You're correct, IA on/off status is not moved when button pages are moved, I should fix that.

Thanks for the replies, Does that mean all the on/off states of all the buttons will be lost in the presets that access them?

When copying, the states aren't lost exactly, but they're left on the previous page. So, if you copy from page 2 to page 3, the button states will remain on page 2, but will not be copied to page 3.

I had a quick look, and Swap Page will copy the button states, but Copy Page To/From will not. I will look into it and see if there's any particular reason why the latter doesn't. In the meantime, if you can use Swap Page, that should move the button states with the buttons.

When copying, the states aren't lost exactly, but they're left on the previous page. So, if you copy from page 2 to page 3, the button states will remain on page 2, but will not be copied to page 3.

I had a quick look, and Swap Page will copy the button states, but Copy Page To/From will not. I will look into it and see if there's any particular reason why the latter doesn't. In the meantime, if you can use Swap Page, that should move the button states with the buttons.

That's good to know, swap is what I need so I should be good to go. I will give it a shot.

Back