recalling preset with external switch

Type IA, then add a System / Preset action to the button. It's best to turn on the IA link checkbox and turn off all other checkboxes.

a follow up question,

When i press the external switch, i see the kemper switch to the right preset but the "preset switch" from my GT16 doesn't light up. Is there a way to make that work?

I've checked IA link for both buttons

Make sure you're running the latest firmware, IA Linking was improved very recently.

Running on 4.5.1.

So, my external switch, set as IA, gives a System -> preset action to preset number 23. (IA link on, rest off)
Preset number 23 is activated on the kemper but my dedicated switch is not activated (colour on) on my RJM.

A preset button will only light up if the current bank of presets contains the selected preset. That is, if you're selecting preset 42 on one button, any other button that's currently able to select preset 42 will light up. Others will not.

Ron, I double checked. When i'm in the song where preset 42 is used en i push my ext switch (wich is programmed as preset 42), the main preset 42 button does not light up.
Maybe this could be the issue:
My external switch is used to activate stompbox C on the kemper. But in preset 41 i override my external switch to be used as preset 42. So when in preset 42 the ext switch acts normal again (stompbox C). Could that be an issue?

Back