Received my Overture Today

Chrysalis99

So I’ve been like a kid in a candy store with this new pedal. What a home run this is and it’s more then just a drive pedal. Is it safe to assume the most recent firmware is already installed?

Thanks very much for the feedback! It probably has the latest firmware, but if you download the editor and connect to the pedal, it will update the firmware if needed. There have only been a couple of minor changes since the initial release.

Can't seem to get the pedal recognized on MacBook Pro. Says no device available when trying to connect with the pedal editor.

Can't seem to get the pedal recognized on MacBook Pro. Says no device available when trying to connect with the pedal editor.
Two things to check: first, on Macs, the pedal works best if you don't power it up with a power supply and let it draw power from the USB cable. Second, not all USB C cables will do the job. The one that comes with Mac chargers, for example, is a charge only cable and doesn't transfer data. Also, using a USB hub may help. Please give all this a try and please let me know what works (if anything).

Power supply was the issue. Connected immediately as soon as I used the cable only. Looks like I’m on the most recent firmware.

The editor is real snappy. Instant changes on the Overture. Faster than MIDI.

It’s a great pedal. Likely to bump a drive pedal off my main board. The clean boost is particularly good but that’s only a small part of the story. There’s a lot here.

Power supply was the issue. Connected immediately as soon as I used the cable only. Looks like I’m on the most recent firmware.

The editor is real snappy. Instant changes on the Overture. Faster than MIDI.

It’s a great pedal. Likely to bump a drive pedal off my main board. The clean boost is particularly good but that’s only a small part of the story. There’s a lot here.
Great! For some reason, Apple products are really picky about USB C, and I haven't yet figured out why.

I think the newer MacBooks with Thunderbolt might be part of the conundrum. There’s a lot of power at those ports. I’m powering the MacBook driving a monitor and have a whole host of devices connected to that little port. If mine is any indication you can probably count on all newer MacBooks connecting directly to the Overture without power and it will probably work for everyone.

Back