[Resolved] GT22 trying a new layout and I must be missing something

is9582

GT22 FW 4.8.1 AF3 FW 20.01b AxeEdit 1.12.03

I was rebuilding my layout on 4.8.1, and decided I'd try a couple of new things, to see how I like it. On page 1 in my layout, I have six buttons on the bottom row assigned to Preset, and effects on most of row 2 and row 3. As I was creating the layout, I decided I might to create another page (#3) where my eight scenes lived. The bottom six buttons are set up as Normal - Preset and in the IA Actions (perhaps this is the issue, since the General Settings is void of IA settings?) - see image below.

Page 3 does not load, when any of the Preset buttons are pressed, and I've tried with momentary deselected as well as selected (as I ran into another page loading issue, where I needed to press the button twice for action, which I resolved by selecting momentary) as it is in the screen shot. I also added in a System/Step (similar to when cycling through the channels for a block) and also a System/Wait, but It's late and I'm not 100% certain I actually loaded the version with the System/Wait. lol

I'd really appreciate assistance if any of you fine folks have something similar working. I have a second page setup to handle another way of working, utilizing the Scene Ignore features, mainly for the Amp Block section. For the standard Scene type access (page 1), when I click on one of the six Preset assigned buttons, I want the third page to load, which is almost completely the eight scenes on eight buttons. It may just be too late for my brain to function correctly, or I've missed a little (or large) detail, tripping up my layout. Thanks in advance all!

Cheers,
Lee

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-23 at 4.27.12 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-23 at 4.27.12 AM.png
    78.8 KB · Views: 3
Make sure that Max Page is set to 3 in the Globals tab, that might be the issue.
Thanks Ron. It is set to 4, as there are four pages in this layout. Let me know if you wish to see the actual layout. It has me stumped at this point.
Cheers
Lee

@rjmmusic
Hey Ron,
Here are the Global and Device settings pages. Please let me know if you need other data to help resolve this issue.

Cheers,
Lee

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-23 at 3.37.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-23 at 3.37.47 PM.png
    146.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Screen Shot 2022-06-23 at 3.37.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-23 at 3.37.58 PM.png
    89.8 KB · Views: 5
I can't see anything wrong with any of it. I'll need the actual settings file, so I can try running it here.

@rjmmusic
Ron,
Thanks for taking a look. My bad. I’ll send the actual data shortly.

Been dealing with an A/C issue at the house today. It’s too dang hot. At least we’re finally under 90-degrees at 9:52pm! Predicting 105-degrees tomorrow. Ouch

@rjmmusic
Ahhhh, there is the flaw in my layout (and thinking). I was acting under the falsehood that when I chose a preset on page #1, then loaded page #3, the preset portion was already established, and the scenes on page #3 would propagate, like a variable.

Is there any mechanism to achieve all eight scenes (on the same page or another page) as an action initiated by the choosing of a preset, by pressing a selectable preset button? (Hope that is clear enough)

Thank you for spending some time on this.
Lee

I'm not sure what you mean... Can you give me an example of how it should work?
Hey Ron
I am trying to have six presets (floating so as I toggle through the banks, it transitions from the first six, to the second six, and so on) available from which to choose. When I do chose one of the preset buttons, I would like to have the eight scenes (or just six, so they can align with the preset buttons) for the chosen preset, display, but not via the Scene Menu, as I would rather have immediate access to swap scenes. That is what I was attempting in my attached layout. Page #1 is the landing point when starting the AF3 & GT22, and when one of the preset buttons is pressed, something like page #3 would load/show, so I can access any scene immediately. Hope that makes sense.

Cheers

In each one of your presets, set "Show Page" to 3. That will cause the GT to switch to page 3 once each preset is selected.

@rjmmusic
Thanks Ron, One more useful feature in my repertoire! I either completely missed this feature in the manual, or perhaps didn't quite understand it's intended function. Since the "Show Page" feature performs my intended outcome, I removed the "System /Page:3" code on the "Preset" buttons in my layout. Maybe there would never be any negative interactions if it stayed, but why tempt fate. lol

Oh, relating to changing the "Show Page" on each Preset, Is there a mechanism that might allow someone to do a "one-and-done", where I can assign all presets to show a specific page other than page #1 (of course Page #3 in my scenario) unless overridden? It is a bit monotonous when you have lots of presets.

Cheers,
Lee

Thanks Ron. I expected that, and would have been nicely surprised if there was a global I could adjust. I suppose alternatively, I could have set my “Scenes Page” as page #1, and my “Presets” page as page #3, and make the system load page #3 as the start page, since the system default “Show Page” is page #1? Just different ways to roll I guess. Lol

Have a great weekend,
Lee

Back