RESOLVED: MEG-X Internal Tuner with GT-16

Jon Stafford

I have been trying to get this working for a couple days. Bidirectional MIDI is on. MIDI channels are the same. 7-pin cable (checked for continuity on all 7 pins) from GT MIDI OUT to MEG-X MIDI IN. Only thing connected is the MMGT and the MEG-X, plus Mac for the GT editor via USB. Power supply is the factory MMGT adaptor powering both units. MMGT v 4.9.1. I factory restored both devices multiple times. Only device enabled in the GT is the MEG-X. I reset the default button Loop 7 to be the internal tuner button: CC Toggle, CC# 119, Off=0, On=127. When I press the button, both function switches on the MEG-X light up. No tuner data is displayed on the GT. It just toggles the function with LEDs on and off. Of note, the LED for loop 4 will flash for a split second when I press the button intermittently (not on every press).

I then changed the CC# for the internal tuner in the MEG-X editor to be CC# 120. When I tested the tuner button, nothing happened (as expected since CC119 was now unrecognized). When I changed the tuner button to match CC# 120, again both function switch LEDs lit up.

File attached for anyone interested.

Attachments

• Tuner Test.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
First thing, you need a System / Tuner action on the button that sends the CC to the Mini Effect Gizmo. The CC enables the tuner on the MEGX, but the System / Tuner action enables the display of the tuner. Give that a try and see how far you get.

First thing, you need a System / Tuner action on the button that sends the CC to the Mini Effect Gizmo. The CC enables the tuner on the MEGX, but the System / Tuner action enables the display of the tuner. Give that a try and see how far you get.

Thanks, Ron. I found where to do that and added the System/Tuner action, as well as the action for CC 119 Toggle for the tuner on/off commands. Now the tuner works, Eureka! However the function switches are still toggling and I can't find the connection. Also, now loop 3 is toggling back and forth along with the tuner.

Here is the updated file with tuner working. Loop 3 is behaving as I described loop 4 above (intermittent flashing when toggling the tuner on) and both function switch LEDs illuminate while the tuner is engaged.

Attachments

• Tuner Test v2.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
The MEGX gives a very basic tuner display when the tuner is activated. Both function LEDs turn on if no signal is detected, the loop LEDs show a rough tuner bar graph when it has a recognizable signal coming in, with the middle two LEDs lit when it's near the center.

The MEGX gives a very basic tuner display when the tuner is activated. Both function LEDs turn on if no signal is detected, the loop LEDs show a rough tuner bar graph when it has a recognizable signal coming in, with the middle two LEDs lit when it's near the center.
That explains the behavior I am seeing. I must have missed that in the manual. Thanks!

I didn’t know about the system/tuner action until seeing this thread - thanks! Mine (the LT) now just shows the question mark though. Any ideas what else needs to be checked?

I didn’t know about the system/tuner action until seeing this thread - thanks! Mine (the LT) now just shows the question mark though. Any ideas what else needs to be checked?
What are the settings on the button, currently? And, what device are you connected to?

Megx connected with 7-pin cable to mastermind LT. On the LT I have a button setup with CC119 sent to the megx and a system/tuner action as well.

Is bidirectional MIDI turned on in the LT? Do you see the LEDs on the MEGX change when the tuner is enabled?

Back