[RESOLVED] What buttons on the GT22 can be controlled from a 2nd MIDI pedals with CC numbers?

I was going through the MIDI settings menu on my GT22 and see page, up and down has CC numbers so can (presumably) be controlled by a second MIDI pedal, can any other buttons be controlled the same way like setup, song menu etc please? dy.jpgfge.jpg
1f642.png

I would think any button could be controlled using CC Link checkbox... Not totally sure though.

Make a new "device" in the GT on it's own midi channel and make the first action on the button the new device and match the CC being sent. Think that's how it's done? :rolleyes:

Cheers
Pagzy

Pagzy is right, CC Link can be used to control any IA button. I'm going to repeat what was said above, but with a little more detail...

- Create a new device in the Devices tab to represent your computer or MIDI controller that's going to be sending to your GT
- Make sure the MIDI Port is set correctly, and set MIDI Channel to the channel the computer will be sending on
- Set up an IA button, make sure that CC Link is turned on
- The first action in the list needs to be a CC Toggle action. Set it to the device you created in the first step, and set the CC number to be the one you want to control the button

Now, when the GT receives that CC from that device, it will set the button to be on (if the value is 64 or higher) or off (if the value is 63 or lower). Any actions after the first one will be executed as if the button was pressed.

Will this work to turn on presets in a song while in setlist mode? The only thing that happens is the AI button come on. I'd like it to trigger the preset thats the button represent in song mode. Is this possible? Sorry if this covered somewhere else.

Will this work to turn on presets in a song while in setlist mode? The only thing that happens is the AI button come on. I'd like it to trigger the preset thats the button represent in song mode. Is this possible? Sorry if this covered somewhere else.
You should select presets using PC and bank messages. More information can be found here:

You should select presets using PC and bank messages. More information can be found here:

Feature request: A possibility to use cc link for preset buttons in a song would be really nice.

So I would have an external controller switch to preset 1, preset 2 etc of the current song without having to set up a different set of controls per song on the external device.

Back