RJM GT22 - Axe3 skipping preset

Soren Kelly

Hi everybody
I sometimes have a jump in preset where my the gt22 out of the blue changes my axe 3 to a random preset
i have changed cables im using a 6 pin xl and recommended cables..

Last edited:
is possibleto get the gt22 to follow preset change done on the axe 3 panel
if i change preset on the axe it dosent change it the board but it works fine the other way....
Yes. On the RJM make sure bi-directional MIDI is on globally and for the device make sure "Poll State" is on.

yeah it works ok now, it was just me that thought it could follow the Page and then Nav on the AXE
Also it did the preset skipping again today strait to preset 145 for no reason and everytime i pressed the preset 2 button it went to preset 147 again

I've seen reports of things like this, but only where the number is exactly 128 presets off (the size of one bank). Was your preset button actually set up to load preset 2, or was it a different preset?

In any case, I've never been able to reporduce the problem. If you'd like to send me your settings file, I can take a look. If you're not running firmware 4.6.1, please upgrade and test with that first. I did make a small change that potentially could help.

should probably mention that i have 2 dbl external switches on + 3 expression the 2 external switches are scene up/down and preset up/down

I saw this problem recently with my Axe Fx-3 and GT-16. Tapped to select a preset and it jumped far away. I had a set of presets stored in a "song" and this happened when trying to select one of them.

I still can't reproduce this, it would be great if someone who's seeing this problem could take a MIDI monitor log of what's coming out of the GT (taken from the Axe-Fx MIDI Thru, for example).

Well the odd thing is that it happens normaly only once in a night then i switch the gt22 off and on again and then nothing.....

When it skips presets, does it continue to do that, or does it only do it once?
it continues to do that i did assign a switch to preset 1 in hope that i could just force it back but it skips forward to another preset its normaly around the preset 140 mark, it helps when i switch the rjm off and on again, it did again last night at a big show, infact twis - which was a first normally its fixed after a reboot. i had to drop out in the middle of a solo...i simply dont know what to do ??

Try turning off Poll State in Devices, turning that off removes half of the complexity of the Axe-Fx support, if the problem is in that half, it should go away.

Back