RJM MIDI Messages - Issues w/ GFI Synesthesia

murphman

Hey all -

I've been trying to troubleshoot an issue I've been having when triggering presets on my GFI Synesthesia, and I was finally able to figure out what I'm doing to cause the problem.

When I'm in song mode, and I accidentally hit two presets at the same time, that unsyncs something on the GFI, causing it to misread PC messages until I hit two presets at the same time again. It might be worth noting that my BigSky and Timeline, which follow after the GFI in the MIDI chain, trigger correctly with no issue.

My question comes from the GFI team, who I'm working with to solve the issue. What MIDI messages does RJM send out when two presets are pressed simultaneously? If they can know what messages are being sent, they can rewrite the firmware to handle the case. They also asked "Does RJM has the capability to send the midi out messages to the computer to be analyzed?" Not sure on that one.

Thanks!

If two presets are pressed simultaneously, it sends whatever messages are specified for both presets. If I had to guess, it's the fact that two program changes are being received, one immediately after the other, that is the problem.

If you have a computer and a MIDI interface, you could use a MIDI monitor app to capture the MIDI output. The app for the Mac is simply called MIDI Monitor (www.snoize.com) and the PC app is MIDI-OX (www.midiox.com)

Hey all -

I've been trying to troubleshoot an issue I've been having when triggering presets on my GFI Synesthesia, and I was finally able to figure out what I'm doing to cause the problem.

When I'm in song mode, and I accidentally hit two presets at the same time, that unsyncs something on the GFI, causing it to misread PC messages until I hit two presets at the same time again. It might be worth noting that my BigSky and Timeline, which follow after the GFI in the MIDI chain, trigger correctly with no issue.

My question comes from the GFI team, who I'm working with to solve the issue. What MIDI messages does RJM send out when two presets are pressed simultaneously? If they can know what messages are being sent, they can rewrite the firmware to handle the case. They also asked "Does RJM has the capability to send the midi out messages to the computer to be analyzed?" Not sure on that one.

Thanks!
Hi @murphman , did you resolve the midi glitch issue with the Synesthesia? I just stumbled across your post whilst looking for what may be a similar issue I'm seeing with a different midi controller. It works 98% of the time then suddenly the GFI glitches and I'm on a different patch. It could be the same or unrelated issue.

Back