RJM mini effects gizmo troubleshooting midi connection with RJM Mastermind GT22

Glenwarner101

having issues connecting my newly bought used RJM mini effects gizmo
(previously owned by Dwezil Zappa) with my trusty RJM Mastermind GT22.

I have went through every possible midi channel to send program changes to the MEG to no avail with sending a change to the device.

I have also tried many times to either switch midi channels by powering on and holding switch 1 or trying to factory reset by powering on and holding switch’s 1 and 4.
No luck at all on this.

any help on this would be much appreciated I am a new user with RJM products but I absolutely love them and this is the way to go for my rig.

the mastermind is already communicating very well with my midi capable Mesa Booie JP-2C and Axe FX 2. Presets and program changes work flawlessly with these devices which leads me to believe I may have an issue with my MEG.

Did you program any presets in the MEG? Once it's been factory reset, all programs are reset to no loops on, so program changes won't do much. Although, you could try manually turning on a few loops, then sending a program change. Any loops you turned on should then turn off if things are working correctly.

I wasn’t able to program any presets in the MEG.

Im also not sure I succeeded in a factory reset, nothing flashed or indicated that it reset itself.

Pressing buttons 1-5 won’t turn on any loops. But the write button is on indicating that it is powered and should be working.

Also holding the write button for 3 seconds while its powered won’t save any data, and buttons 1-5 won’t blink or indicate that it saved anything either.

hopefully it’s possibly to fix this. Thank you for your help!

also if this doesn’t work, I’m looking forward to the new Mini effects Gizmo!

I also tried going through each Midi channel to turn on loops with the buttons that were programmed on the Mastermind GT22 specifically for the MEG.

Are you saying that pressing 1-5 on the MEG itself produces no results? The button doesn't light up? If that's the case, the MEG will definitely need to be repaired.

Yes that’s exactly the case.

How would I go about getting this repaired.

I really love this unit, rather than sell it I would like to get it up an working again.

Back