Run the Rack

Marlboro05

Hi there, this is my first post on RJM. I’ve had my rack together for a while but not happy with a couple of things. I’m looking at doing a rewire of the rig, some stuff will be the same, some will be moved around. Going to change a couple of things in the Pedal drawer to.

I think the Sound Sculpture Switchblade 16 doesn’t have enough headroom so I’m looking at putting my Rane SM82S back into the rack and doing a couple of things different. I am unable to turn the preamps up. The Triaxis is unable to go over 3-4 and the Recto Recording is on about 3 aswell. Was thinking of using the Switchblade as a splitter into the preamps then off to the Rane. So I’ll list what I’ve got at my disposal and I’ll put pics up of how it is now. Some feedback would be much appreciated and very welcome.

Line 6 G90, Decimator Pro Rack G Stereo, Sound Sculpture Switchblade 16, 2x GCX switchers if needed, 2x KFK EQ’s, Mesa EQ, Mesa Flux 5, Mesa Throttlebox EQ, TS808, MXR Fullbore Metal, Eventide H9 Max, Mesa Triaxis, Mesa Recto Recording, Marshall JMP1, Rane SM82S, RJM Mini Amp Switcher(for the Recto Recording),RJM Switch Gizmo, 2x TC G Major 2’s, Pedal Power AC, Pedal Power 2+, Mesa 2:90 and Mesa 2:100. All controlled by 2 GC Pro’s with beta chips and a Dunlop High Gain Volume Pedal.

83933942-5C4B-4DF9-943E-EDDA02FD388F.jpeg

The Rack

D37BF757-FBD6-405E-9B21-FD4115099066.jpeg

The controllers

768687CB-4805-4344-B428-5C7DE796E675.jpeg

The messy pedal drawer

Hopefully some of you guys have played with this stuff and can give us some tips. Cheers.

Hi there,
Have just done another re-jig of the Rack and rewired it. I’ve totally separated the Mesa Recto Recording and the Mesa 2:100 from the rest of the audio signal so that I can have that Raw Recto crunch when I wish.

The Sound Sculpture Switchblade 16 has been removed from the system and the Rane SM82S has been re-introduced. Now without the Switchblade, the Preamp section can push the Power section way harder, it sounds so much more powerful, it seems to have more of everything.

The signal flow is as follows:

I can use a cable into the front of the GCX (GCX Line In) or the Line 6 G90 wireless(GCX Rear Thru).

Line 6 G90 -> GCX Rear Thru -> GCX Rear Out -> Decimator In -> Decimator Out -> GCX Loop 1 In -> T808 Tubescreamer -> GCX Loop 1 Out -> GCX Loop 2 In -> Mesa Flux 5 -> GCX Loop 2 Out -> GCX Loop 5 In -> Send to Mesa Recto Recording (can use both Overdrives for both amps) - GCX Loop 5 Out -> Radial ABY(A & B both on, B ISO on) A -> Mesa Triaxis B -> Marshall JMP-1.

Mesa Triaxis -> GCX Loop 3 In (Use this Loop to turn the Triaxis on or off) -> GCX Loop 3 Out -> GCX Loop 4 In -> Mesa 5 Band EQ -> GCX Loop 4 Out -> GCX Loop 8 In -> Eventide H9 -> GCX Loop 8 Out -> Decimator Ch. 1 In -> Decimator Ch. 1 Out -> Rane SM82S Ch. 1 Left In.

Marshall JMP-1 -> GCX Loop 6 In (Used to turn the JMP-1 on or off) -> GCX Loop 6 Out -> Decimator Ch. 2 In -> Dcimator Ch. 2 Out -> Rane SM82S Ch. 2 Left In.

Rane Loop Left Out -> TC Electronic G Major 2 Left In -> TC Electronic GMajor 2 Left Out -> Rane Loop Left In.
Rane Loop Right Out -> TC Electronic GMajor 2 Right In -> TC Electronic GMajor 2 Right Out -> Rane Loop Right In.
Rane Left Main Out -> Mesa 2:90 A In.
Rane Right Main Out -> Mesa 2:90 B In.

Midi flow is as follows:

GC Pro 1 (Beta 2.0, set to 10 Preset Mode) -> GC Pro 2 (Beta 2.0, set to IA Mode, modified midi in and out to supply power to GC Pro 1) -> GCX In -> GCX Out -> TC Electronic G Major 2 In -> TC Electronic GMajor 2 Thru -> Marshall JMP-1 In -> Marshall JMP-1 Thru -> Mesa Triaxis In -> Mesa Triaxis Thru -> RJM Mini Switch Gizmo In -> RJM Mini Switch Gizmo Out/Thru -> Eventide H9 In.

The GC Pro 1 is set to 10 preset mode, 1st and 2nd Banks are set to Triaxis Presets, 3rd Bank is JMP-1 presets, the next 3 Banks are Recto and Triaxis presets. Banks are accessed by using Bank up and down switches.

The GC Pro 2 is set to IA mode, 1 is H9 on/off, 2 is H9 Preset Down, 3 is H9 Preset Up, 4 is G Major 2 Pitch on/off, 5 is G Major 2 Chorus on/off, 6 is G Major 2 Delay on/off, 7 is G Major 2 Reverb on/off, 8 is G Major 2 Wah on/off, 9(or 1) is Recto Clean/Crunch, 0 (or 2) is Recto Modern/Vintage ( solo becomes modern/vintage when Recto Recording and the 2:100 are together), No(or 3) is T808 on/off, Yes(or 4) is Flux 5 on/off.

I have a Furman PL-Plus C E powering everything. A Voodoo Labs Pedal Power AC powers the Voodoo Labs GCX (which powers both Voodoo Labs GC Pro’s, Decimator Pro Rack G Stereo Mod and the RJM Mini Switch Gizmo. A Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 Plus powers the pedal drawer, which has the Ibanez Tubescreamer T808, Mesa Flux Five, Mesa Five Band EQ all on 9 Volts and the Eventide H9 on 12 Volts.

Well I hope this may help someone else that may be doing something similar, I enjoy doing this stuff so much.

Cheers Brett.

B5E4BD2B-F1B9-4E0B-A79A-35E571419492.jpeg
The Rack re-jigged!!
134F4F0A-5818-47B3-BE23-640F674E9ABB.jpeg
The Pedal Drawer tidied up!!

Back