Scene 6 on 5th Button Hold Function

Toopy14

It's been a while since I setup my presets. Making some changes and I can't remember is this is the way it's supposed to look.

I have 6 scenes for a preset, I'm want to assign the 6th scene to the hold function of the 5th button. Are both scenes supposed to be selected with the arrows >< like this when the 6th scene is selected in the preset list?

1607097971404.png

When the 5th scene is selected in the preset list, I only see Scene 5 selected.

1607098083437.png

That's a bit surprising, the arrows should not show up in the Buttons tab at all. Must be a bug. Make sure that Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change are turned off and IA Link is turned on for both the main and hold function, and it should be ok. (Test it on the LT to be sure).

That's a bit surprising, the arrows should not show up in the Buttons tab at all. Must be a bug. Make sure that Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change are turned off and IA Link is turned on for both the main and hold function, and it should be ok. (Test it on the LT to be sure).

Now I'm really confused. Isn't that how you assign a scene to a preset? You highlight the preset, in the Preset List, then go to the scene page and click on the button? I followed the tutorial when I set it up this way, when I got my LT a couple years ago.

1607101110810.png

1607101155547.png

1607101212361.png

etc.

There are two ways to do it, if you want to do your programming on the LT, then reverse my instructions: Send/update on preset change on, IA Link off.

There are two ways to do it, if you want to do your programming on the LT, then reverse my instructions: Send/update on preset change on, IA Link off.

I have all that set. When I hold the 5th button on the LT, the hold light color turns on, the display says it's S6, but the Axe-Fx is still on Scene 5.

Isn't there a key you hold while you click on the 5th button to de-select the link to scene 5? Pretty sure you told me one time but I forget.

In the Presets tab, clicking on the Scene 5/Scene 6 button will toggle the main (Scene 5) function. Holding shift and clicking the button will toggle the hold function (Scene 6).

In the Presets tab, clicking on the Scene 5/Scene 6 button will toggle the main (Scene 5) function. Holding shift and clicking the button will toggle the hold function (Scene 6).
I think I tried that. I’ll try it again.

I can assign the S5 preset to the button, but clicking on it does not toggle it. Does nothing.

1607121801979.png

I can assign the S5 preset to the button and I can toggle it by holding down the shift key, but the S5 preset is still attached to it.

1607121985314.png

The if I hold shift and click on the button, I can toggle Scene 6.

1607122037226.png

Am I doing something wrong?

Do you have another scene 5 button anywhere else on your controller?

I think I figured it out, based on what you asked. I was getting the scene page, which is a logical page, mixed up with the physical buttons. So on the scene page (page 3), I had scene 5 and scene 6 on the same button...the button circled in the pic. You can see it in my previous posts. Is that correct?

1607128696004.png

So now when I assigned the presets to the scenes, it looks like this;

1607128855005.png

1607128891193.png

Also, what does the S mean on the preset page (page 1) and why are there 3, S1's?

1607129012285.png

Attachments

• 1607128991599.png
    1607128991599.png
    28.1 KB · Views: 0
"S1" is probably the name of one or more of your presets. Preset buttons take the names of the presets in the current bank. Unlik the LT itself, the editor only displays the first bank. If you have 5 preset buttons, the first 5 preset buttons display the names of presets 1-5.

Regarding your previous question, it looks like you had scene 5 on one button, and scene 6 as the hold function on that same button.

"S1" is probably the name of one or more of your presets. Preset buttons take the names of the presets in the current bank. Unlik the LT itself, the editor only displays the first bank. If you have 5 preset buttons, the first 5 preset buttons display the names of presets 1-5.

I remember that now...been a while since I worked with the editor.

Regarding your previous question, it looks like you had scene 5 on one button, and scene 6 as the hold function on that same button.

Yes, that’s exactly what I was doing.

Appreciate all your help and taking the time to answer all my questions.

Back