Search function for song/preset lists

ZachSelindh

One thing that would make my life easier on the Editor for the Mastermind PBC is a search function for the "Available Presets" section on the Songs menu, as well as one for the "Available Songs" section on the Setlist menu. I have a couple hundred songs programmed, and building sets would be significantly faster if I could run a search for a song instead of trying to remember where it is and scrolling back and forth!

+1, I definitely agree that this would be useful!

In the meantime though, I highly recommend that anyone using the preset/song/setlist functionality come up with some sort of organization system. What I do:
- Songs are all alphabetized.
- I put the song title in the name of each preset (if you use the | character, anything afterwards is not displayed on the screen), then alphabetize the list by song.

It adds time to the preset/song creation process, and a search function would definitely be better, but it's WAY better than nothing.

Definitely agree that alphabetizing songs is a big plus. However, let's say you have 5 songs alphabetized neatly in the preset list like the following:

1. Amazing Song
2. Better Song
3. Colorful Song
4. Emotional Song
5. Friend Song

But now, let's say you want to add in a song called "Dilemma Song". The only way to add in the new song and have it be alphabetized would be to manually move Song 5 down and then Song 4 down to make room for the new song.

All that to say is that it would be nice to be able to right click a slot that you want a song and add it in while automatically shifting the other songs down.

Or am I just crazy and there's already a way to do that?

I'm happy to report that you are crazy! ;)

You can drag and drop any preset/song/setlist wherever you want in the order, and it will automatically shift everything below it down to make room.

I have been suggesting this for some time. Maybe it's way harder than we think as far as programming...
One question I have as far as the existing world - I initially set up my Praise songs, then started my Rock band songs at 100, and now, of course, I have run out of room on the Praise songs, and thinking, OK, I will move to 200 for the next batch of Praise band songs. That gives me quite a bit of room on the existing Rock band songs, but I can see hitting that at some point too...
Sooo...if I start moving new "open" or empty slots to the Praise Band songs, which will move down the existing Rock band songs, will that impact anything as far as preset assignments, etc.? Even set lists? Hmmm...
Oh, and the same for Presets. Can I start inserting new Presets without affecting the link to Songs?

Last edited:
Sooo...if I start moving new "open" or empty slots to the Praise Band songs, which will move down the existing Rock band songs, will that impact anything as far as preset assignments, etc.? Even set lists? Hmmm...
Oh, and the same for Presets. Can I start inserting new Presets without affecting the link to Songs?

Rearranging presets will update the songs to match, rearranging songs will update the setlists to match, so everything stays in sync. Note that this doesn't update any button actions that may recall specific presets, songs or setlists.

Rearranging presets will update the songs to match, rearranging songs will update the setlists to match, so everything stays in sync. Note that this doesn't update any button actions that may recall specific presets, songs or setlists.
thanks for the quick reply! Just to be clear, you're saying if I have Song 100, which includes presets 98, 99, 100 and 101, If I insert new Presets at 100, etc. that the song(s) that linked to presets 98, 99, 100 and/or 101 will still be linked to those presets, even if they are now numbered 98, 99, and now 102 and 103, or even now 202 and 203? And that the same applies to Songs, even if I move the Song? Sorry to be dense, but I'm not sure I know what you mean by "button actions" as described? Can you give me a more detailed example? I don't think I use any of those types of "button actions", but just want to be sure. Thank you!

For example, let's say I had song #10, and it has presets 31, 32, 33 and 34 in it. I then go to the presets tab, and dragged the presets within the list so that preset 31 is now in the preset 100 position, preset 32 is now preset 101, preset 32 is now 102, etc. If I go back and look at song #1, it will now refer to presets 100 to 103 instead of presets 31 through 34.

If you had an IA button that had this action on it:

System / Preset preset:31

That button will still access preset #31 even after changing the preset list, it won't automatically change to reference preset #100.

Back