Send PC on page select?

Loss Mentality

Can a PC be sent to a device upon selecting a page on the GT?

More specifically: when I navigate to a given page by any means (e.g. by opening the Page Menu and selecting the page from the menu, or by changing to the page via Page Up/Down), I'd like to have the act of navigating to that page trigger the send of a PC.

The idea is that I have a page set up to control a certain device, but for that device to work correctly, a PC needs to go out to my rig first. So ideally the act of changing to that page would be enough to send out the PC that puts my rig in the proper mode.

Note that I can see a roundabout way to achieve this: set up a preset that is linked to the page, and then always use that preset to open the page; the preset could then also send the PC I need. I'd probably have to make the page local to that preset so that there would be no other way to navigate to the page without first selecting the preset (I don't want to get to the page without having the PC be sent, as my rig would then be in the wrong mode).

However, this has the drawback of always needing to go to the page via that preset, as opposed to simply going to the page on its own. Having to go to the page via a preset is not ideal if the page I'm starting from has no preset buttons (in which case I'd need to first go to a page I can access the preset from, and then hit the preset to get to the page), or has preset buttons, but they're not currently displaying the preset that navigates to this page (in which case I'd have to bank up/down to the correct preset).

Not a big deal if this isn't possible... I can use a preset and local page as described above if needed.

Thanks!

There isn't a way to do that in general. You can do this as you describe, or by using an IA button that has a Page action and a PC action on it, but there isn't one solution that works everywhere, like Page Menu,

Back