Sending a continuous CC message to multiple channels at the same time

Niko

Hi!

My Mastermind LT is controlling another device. This device has 8 tracks and each track receives messages through a channel, i.e Track 1 receives messages through channel 1, Track 2 through channel 2, etc...
The mastermind is set up as follow: on device list, the device 1 is called track 1 (and the channel 1 is chosen), device 2 is track 2 (channel 2 is chosen)...

I can send CC messages to different tracks at the same time with the buttons.

I would like to use an expression pedal to send a continuous CC message to all the tracks at the same time but I do not manage to do that. You can only send a continuous CC message to 2 different devices (and I would need 8) in the expression pedal tab.

I wonder if there is an Omni fonction I could switch so the mastermind LT temporarily send its messages to all the channels. Or do you have any tricks?

Thanks

Sorry, the expression pedal is limited to 2 CCs at the same time. You may be able to use a device like the Event Processor by MIDI solutions to take incoming MIDI messages and duplicate them across different channels, but you may run into some issues - 8 channels of continuous expression data is a lot to run through a slow MIDI connection.

Hi again!

I am currently trying to configure the LT to control a looper and a Digitakt for a live performance. I am doing quite well on my road to achieve that (mostly thanks to your answers and the forum, you are doing a great job) and I made a first test this morning.

I have an issue I do not know how to solve. I read the forum and saw similar questions but I did not understand the answers, sorry:-/

Here is the case: Everything is organised with presets and local pages. First preset controls the looper for example and the button 4 engages the FX on. I press it then I change to another preset (which controls the Digitakt). When I come back to the looper control preset, the light of the button 4 is turned off. The effect is still applied. I just would like that the LT reminds the last state of the preset when I come back to it, so, in a live performance, I can check it to see when something is ON/OFF, no matter if I change presets.

I believe it is possible to do that if I configure a button to make the IA store action before I leave the current preset to another. But I would like to avoid doing a lot of actions during a performance. I tried to turn off the functions "update state on preset change" and "send on preset change" for one button to test but it still does not work. Every time I engage it on preset A, go to preset B, do other stuff and come back to preset A, the button led is turned off. How can I solve that? Sorry, I feel it is a question many people already asked you:-/

To make you gain some time, I send you the file of my current config.

Thanks for your time

Niko

Attachments

• MASTER LIVE SETUP.rjs
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
I think the problem you're seeing is that the button in question is on a local page. Because of that, it loses its state when you change to another preset - the local page no longer exists.

If you can move that button to one of the 16 global pages, then turn off Update on Preset Change, it will keep its state when you change from preset to preset.

Hi!

All the presets that I programmed are on local pages. Do you mean it would be better to redo everything and organize per pages instead of per presets?

EDIT: I tried to go on the buttons tab, copy my presets to the each page (preset 1 to page 1, preset 2 to page 2), changed the preset + and preset - buttons to page + and page - in order to be able to navigate, then turned off the Update on Preset change in each button. When I transfer the new data to the device, nothing works, when I press buttons they turn on blue and indicate IA 1, IA 2, etc... I am lost...I do not know how to indicate to the device how to read only the global pages. There is something in the way things are organized I do not catch sorry

Last edited:
Hi again!

Pfiou! I finally managed to do what you suggested, thanks for your patience and advices! Now I only use the pages, one page per device functions I want to control. Thanks to your advice, button state stays the same even if I switch pages. I do not use presets any more (changed from preset+/- to page+/-).

Another question (ahaha): When using only pages, how to assign a specific control per page for the Exp Pedal? I do not have access to the ExpPedal Override box anymore. Is it even possible? Thanks

Aaargh! One step forward, 2 backwards! Now my settings are the following: I stay on preset one and only change pages to access different functions (Now button state stays the same when I switch between pages). I ticked the ExpPedal override option for Preset 1 in the Preset list, put exactly the same data as my previous configuration (name, device RC-300, CC 7, min:0, max:127) but it does not work when I try to use the pedal! Send you the file, it would be great if you could have a look! I would to make music!!!!:)

Attachments

• MASTER LIVE SETUP 2.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
You have preset buttons on page 5, and each one of them has multiple ExpPedal actions on them. The buttons also have Send on Preset Change turned on, so every button will send the actions from its first step when you select a preset (even when just powering up on the first preset.

You have preset buttons on page 5, and each one of them has multiple ExpPedal actions on them. The buttons also have Send on Preset Change turned on, so every button will send the actions from its first step when you select a preset (even when just powering up on the first preset.

I added to my file a global settings indicating that the volume is controlled by the ExpPedal. I turned off "Send on on Preset Change" on all the buttons of page 5 (IA cycle for the Exp Pedal).

Now the Exp pedal controls volume on all pages! Great! But when I go on page 5, use one of the IA Cycle button (which changes the function affected to the Exp Pedal), then go back to, for example, page 1, it does not go back to the volume function...

Solution I found is that I assigned each page to each preset so when I come back from messing with IA Cycle buttons of page 5 I change the preset so the global setting is recalled. The bad side of this solution is that I can not limit the number of presets on the device. I only use 5 (corresponding to 5 pages). With using only 1 preset and five pages, I could cycle through the pages indefinitely (limit put on the global page: five pages, navigating with page -/+), limiting the risk of error. Now I navigate with Preset -/+ and I could accidentally select any preset between 7 or 768, which are useless.

How can I limit the number or presets I can recall on the device?

Thanks

I send you the updated file. And HUGE thanks to you!

Attachments

• MASTER LIVE SETUP FINAL.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
When you edit the Preset -/+ buttons, there are a "Min" and "Max" setting. Set those to 1 and 6 and it will limit the range.

Thank you SO much for your help, your availability and your understanding! Thanks to you, my LT is ready and I can finally start to play music with an incredible interface I configured myself. I learnt a lot about the device through the process:) Have a great day!

Back