Set IA question

Pieutr

Hello,

When I set IA a button on another page to be ON, it works and when I go to this other page, the button is indeed ON.
But now from this other page when I go to a new page - anyone - and come back, although I haven't done any action related to this button (no preset change either, just switch page and back), it is now OFF. This button is of momentary kind.
Keeping the button "momentary", is there a way that when I set IA this button to be ON, it stays ON even when i switch to other pages and act on other buttons with no relation to this one (no preset change either) ?

Just in case : The button with the set IA is on page 7, the first on the left bottom row, controlling the IA state of the 4th button on page 1 bottom row.

Thank you..

Attachments

• MyLastSetup.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
Momentary buttons never stay on, it's pretty much the definition of momentary - press turns it on, release turns it off. Does the button need to be momentary?

I looked at the settings, but I don't see any buttons that are momentary and have a Set IA action. Are you sure these are the right settings?

Hi Ron,

Thank you for you reply.
I watched your last IA button video but my problem still remain..
This is the right file, but I might have not explained my problem clearly enough - I am sorry for my poor English.
And I made a few correction in regards to the "send on preset change" and "update on preset change" after watching the video.
In case : I linked the last edited version of my file below.

There is no momentary buttons with a Set IA action. the momentary button I am referring to (on page 1) is the target of other buttons on page 7 (not momentary) that all have a Set IA off:0 on:1 targeting this momentary button on page 1.
I am never changing mastermind presets during in what is described below.

The idea is to have page 1 being an "access page" to 5 other pages opened by 5 different momentary buttons on page 1 ("Comp", "Pre-boost", "Delays", "Reverb" and "EQ") each of them corresponding to a different device. And each of those 5 pages filled with device-based presets (not mastermind presets) called via midi PC actions. Whenever I go on a device page and pick up a device based preset, I would like that when I go back to page 1, the light corresponding to this device's button would be ON, showing me that a "device preset" is currently active on this device. And if I go back to the device page and turn OFF the button corresponding to this device preset, then it turns the light OFF to the corresponding button on page 1

Now this works fine for all the devices that are in one of the PBC loops. I managed to do it by turning IA link ON to those 5 buttons on page 1 (which are momentary), with first action being "Audio / loop #x off: None on : None". This makes this button work as described above with its light ON or OFF according to whether this device's loop is ON or OFF. (I turn the device loop ON or OFF when switching ON or OFF a button on this device page)
Nevertheless - and that's where the problem resides - I have to find a different way for the H9 which is located after the PBC output (so the IA link ON and with first action being "Audio / loop ..." won't work)
I thought of doing it via midi commands only : On the H9 page, (page 7 called Delays on my file) on each button I have basically one midi command (CC#15) that toggles between H9 being bypass and active and another one that sends the PC number.
But I'm having trouble getting the button on page 1 work accordingly ..
On that page 1 button, Instead of having an IA link ON and with first action "Audio / Loop ... ", I tried having IA link ON with first action being "H9 / CC Toggle #15 off : None on : None" , but the button is always OFF when I come back to page 1. Thats why I tried to put set IA actions on page 7 buttons, that would turn ON/OFF this button on page 1. But here again (and as said in my first post) it only works when I come back to page 1 and when I switch to other pages and back, the button is OFF (whereas other momentary buttons on page 1 having the IA link ON with first action "Audio / loop #x off: None on : None" work fine when I go around all pages and come back to page 1 : Still ON if the device's loop is ON, and OFF otherwise.

I am sorry for the long post.
It's been like a month that I received the PBC and came on this forum on a regular basis. I can see how you take the time to reply to people's questions. I have been surprised that people are mostly answered by the product's designer himself, and felt greatly thankful for this. Don't worry If you don't have time to go through my problem, I totally understand and I am sure that with time, trials and errors I'll find a way to do it :)

Again thank you.

Pierre M.

Last edited:
I also tried with the button (page 1 corresponding the H9 device) not being momentary. The problem is that I have to turn it OFF before I can turn it ON again and being turned ON it leads me to page 7. (i think because it executes its actions only when being turned ON). It would probably work if I could make it execute its actions also when being turned OFF, but I tried way to do it (putting the button in a group and trying different options) and couldn't get it to work.

My file (attached) is in the configuration of the 1st attempt to make this page 1's "Delays" button (Device H9) reflect the state of the device (so with the IA link ON and first action being "H9 / CC Toggle #15 off : None on : None" as it works for other buttons (with IA link ON and first action being "Audio / loop #x off: None on : None".) All of them being momentary.

Attachments

• MyLastSetup.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I have not yet had the time to go over everything you've said in detail. But, I've seen a few things I can answer right away...

I see that you were asking how to make a page action work when a button is turned off. Page actions normally only trigger on a "button on" event. You can use Macros to get around this.
1). Edit a new Macro and add a System / Page page:7 action
2). Turn on "Force State To" and set it to "On"
3). On your button, remove the System / Page action and replace it with "System / Macro off:x on:x" where x is the number of the Macro you created

This will run a System / Page action each time you press the button, and it will be treated as a "Button On" every time, even when the button is being turned off.

The reason the other momentary buttons work is that IA Link works differently when the first action is an Audio action. The LED always indicates the state of the loop. This probably shouldn't happen on Momentary buttons, but at the moment, it does.

I have not yet had the time to go over everything you've said in detail. But, I've seen a few things I can answer right away...

I see that you were asking how to make a page action work when a button is turned off. Page actions normally only trigger on a "button on" event. You can use Macros to get around this.
1). Edit a new Macro and add a System / Page page:7 action
2). Turn on "Force State To" and set it to "On"
3). On your button, remove the System / Page action and replace it with "System / Macro off:x on:x" where x is the number of the Macro you created

This will run a System / Page action each time you press the button, and it will be treated as a "Button On" every time, even when the button is being turned off.

The reason the other momentary buttons work is that IA Link works differently when the first action is an Audio action. The LED always indicates the state of the loop. This probably shouldn't happen on Momentary buttons, but at the moment, it does.
Its funny because i'm using this as the very basis in my PBC setup, to show me straight away wether there is a sound currently ON on a certain page or not, and it's like the best feature to me to be able with a single button to both access a page without changing the loop state, and when coming out of this page see if i have turned the device off or just switched to another decice based preset :)
Thanks Ron,
For the macros, i had this very same idea tonight and done it, It works fine.
And please never update that IA link feature hahahaha

Back