Set IA question

marcus993

Hello. I have an LT and a MEGX connected. I am running a fuzz in loop 1 in the MEGX. I want to program my LT so I can press one button to turn on the fuzz while also turning off my other overdrive and compressor. The overdrive and comp have separate buttons on the LT, so I wanted to use the set IA feature to turn those buttons OFF when turning ON the fuzz (while also sending a midi cc to the MEGX to be in sync with the LT).

I noticed that when the set IA action changes a state of a button, it does not send out the midi actions on that specific button. I added two more actions to turn off the appropriate loops in the MEGX.

For some reason, the midi is not being sent to turn off the overdrive or the comp. Only the fuzz is getting turning on. Should I be doing anything differently?Screenshot 2023-02-16 at 11.19.10 PM.png

Also, I didn't use IA groups because I would not have the option to override the off-state manually and have both loops on simultaneously (from what I understand).

You're correct, groups are more limited than Set IA. It's not possible for you to turn on more than button at a time in a group.

Set IA should cause every button that it affects to send its messages. You shouldn't need to manually turn off the other loops like that. You may have a conflict, where one button is telling the loop to turn on and another to turn it off. That's typically what causes unexpected behavior.

If you'd like, you can send me your settings file and I can have a look. But, in general, I would recommend looking at every button that controls the MEGX loops and every button that has IA ID 1 to make sure that everything is set up correctly.

You're correct, groups are more limited than Set IA. It's not possible for you to turn on more than button at a time in a group.

Set IA should cause every button that it affects to send its messages. You shouldn't need to manually turn off the other loops like that. You may have a conflict, where one button is telling the loop to turn on and another to turn it off. That's typically what causes unexpected behavior.

If you'd like, you can send me your settings file and I can have a look. But, in general, I would recommend looking at every button that controls the MEGX loops and every button that has IA ID 1 to make sure that everything is set up correctly.
Here is the settings file. The button I am referring to is on page 1, the lower right button (button 4 labeled "fuzz"). The buttons "Set IA" controls are the hold buttons 1 & 2 on page 1 (the two lower left labeled "pre-amp MKII" & "Cali76"). These are the only two buttons set to IA ID 1

Thanks

Attachments

• 2:18:23.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
Back