Setting up a button as a momentary footswitch

billyofcourse

I've got an electro-harmonix superego modded to have an external footswitch jack that will act as the normal footswitch for the pedal. It just needs a normal momentary footswitch to operate properly.

Just wondering if I can set up a button on my pbc to function as a momentary footswitch for the superego using one of the function switch jacks and how I would do that? Thanks!

Yes, all you should need to do is connect a 1/4-inch cable from the Func Sw 1/2 output of the PBC to the pedal's new input. Then, set function switch 1 to momentary in the PBC's settings.

Yes, all you should need to do is connect a 1/4-inch cable from the Func Sw 1/2 output of the PBC to the pedal's new input. Then, set function switch 1 to momentary in the PBC's settings.

Just got everything hooked up today to try it out. It seems like the momentary function is double tapping when I tap it for some reason. Tapping the footswitch should activate the latch mode of my superego(it has an external out for a momentary footswitch so i can move it away from the front of my board). But when I press the footswitch I have set up as a momentary I can audibly hear it click mechanically twice when I use the footswitch and it will immediately turn itself back off. Any ideas how to get it working right?

Also, have tried it with a normal external footswitch to make sure the superego is not the problem and it is functioning correctly that way.

Figured out what was going on. Had momentary checked in the globals page for fnc 1 not realizing that made it pulse instead of just activate. all is well.

Sorry about that, I misunderstood what you meant about a momentary footswitch. Turning off momentary for function switch 1 is the right thing to do.

Hi Ron and Billyofcourse.

I have a modded Superego (modded with an external footswitch input), a GT 16 and an Effect Gizmo.

Is there a correct setting to be able to perform a double-tap to bypass the Superego in Latch and Auto modes?

I'm trying to use a Gizmo loop as a function switch via the GT to control the Superego but i can't perform a double-tap

There isn't any official way to do a double tap, but you could try this:

Audio / Fn Switch 1 off:OFF on:ON
Audio / Fn Switch 1 off:OFF on:OFF
Audio / Fn Switch 1 off:OFF on:ON
Audio / Fn Switch 1 off:OFF on:OFF

This would force the switch on and twice quickly. Not sure if that would be sufficient, but it's the best we can do at the time.

Back