Setup KPA for Performance and Browse with IA Mode

ekkomouse

I have tried to setup the KPA Performance mode on a page with device pc -/+ buttons to change the song/slot of the KPA in performance mode. On the same buttons I have a midi cc to change the rig up and down that is available when in IA mode.

It appears the midi cc data is sent on preset changes which causes the KPA to hiccup in browse mode and performance mode. Since the device pc -/+ buttons have the send on preset change selected for saving presets, it appears the preset sends this data too. Is this correct behavior? If so, I'll have to setup rig change for browse mode differently.

The Device PC -/+ buttons do save the current PC to each preset if you use the IA Store button. On the CCs underneath, I recommend turning off the Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change settings, and turning on Momentary (because the switch should not remain on after you press it). That should prevent them from sending CCs on preset change. The GT will still send a PC to the Kemper when you select a GT preset.

Ok, so the main function is to save the correct pc to recall the right rig on the kpa. The cc's were put in just for the purpose of browse mode after I hit an IA mode button. Should the send on preset change/update on preset change be checked normally for device pc -/+ in order to save the kpa rig in the preset?

Send on Preset Change only affects IA buttons, or the IA Mode behavior of non-IA buttons. The Device PC -/+ buttons adjust the PC number sent to the device, and if you use the IA Store button, any changes to the PC will be stored to the current preset.

Back