SONG "Alternate Preset Names"

EVHGuy1111

I have a workaround for what I want to do but it would be great if you could name presets one name in preset mode then keep the preset configuration when in SONG MODE that you select from the presets but rename it (say: Intro/Verse/Chorus/Bridge/Outro/etc.) in the SONG BUILD WINDOW so that when in SETLIST MODE the selected song will show up on the LT as:

SONG: "Name"
PART: "Name" (i.e. Intro/Verse/Chorus/Bridge/Outro or whatever you decide to name it)

Any ideas if this is something that can be done and we can hope for in an LT Editor update?

The system is designed around all of the information being stored in presets, with a song being only a name and a list of preset numbers. Extending songs to have more information (actions, preset name overrides) is probably possible (assuming we have the storage space for them), but would be a significant project.

ALSO!

If this request is something that can and will be done some day:
a song/setlist level override page box should be added.

I personally have several duplicated preset pages. The only difference on each page is that each button has a "momentary hold" function so I can add a pedal into the signal chain of the current preset in use. The hold function is different on each page so I can add different momentary holds depending on the song. If the song/setlist section allowed the user to designate which page the song is mapped on to it would make building setlists with the hold functions I use much easier.

The system is designed around all of the information being stored in presets, with a song being only a name and a list of preset numbers. Extending songs to have more information (actions, preset name overrides) is probably possible (assuming we have the storage space for them), but would be a significant project.
Would it instead be possible/easier to increase the amount of presets from 1O24?

No there isn't enough space in memory to add more.

Then is there a possibility to extend song information as you commented earlier? Just curious.

What if there were stock labels that could be added at the song level?

My meaning, the current labeling system wouldn't change. But on the song tab each line would have a dropdown box where the user is given the option of: “PRESET”, "INTRO/OUTRO" (or "...TRO" as I call on my unit), "VERSE", "CHORUS", "HOOK", "BREAK", "SOLO". Then when in song/playlist mode the MMLT displays this label instead of the PRESET label, but if the user wants the label of the specific part to display the original preset label they would select “PRESET” from that song part’s drop-down. In action button 1 could display “…TRO”, 2 could display “VERSE”, 3 “FLANGER”, 4 “SOLO”… as an example.

The custom label would stay the same in preset mode and change to the finite defined label in song/playlist mode.

Does that idea curb the memory issue?

Last edited:
What if there were stock labels that could be added at the song level?

My meaning, the current labeling system wouldn't change. But on the song tab each line would have a dropdown box where the user is given the option of: “PRESET”, "INTRO/OUTRO" (or "...TRO" as I call on my unit), "VERSE", "CHORUS", "HOOK", "BREAK", "SOLO". Then when in song/playlist mode the MMLT displays this label instead of the PRESET label, but if the user wants the label of the specific part to display the original preset label they would select “PRESET” from that song part’s drop-down. In action button 1 could display “…TRO”, 2 could display “VERSE”, 3 “FLANGER”, 4 “SOLO”… as an example.

The custom label would stay the same in preset mode and change to the finite defined label in song/playlist mode.

Does that idea curb the memory issue?
It would definitely reduce the memory demand.

You could. I can't guarantee if or when it would be done at this point - I have about 10 projects going on right now.
That's fine. It'll take me 5 years to get famous which is when I'll NEED this feature. :p

Let me know where I should put the formal request in.

RJM FOR LIFE!

Back