Sound Cuts Out

PianoMan

Ok, I've now had the same issue repeat itself multiple times in a row, and I'd really like to get it figured out.

The last two times I've played guitar at my church, my pedalboard has just randomly stopped passing audio upon changing presets. Both times, it then became a crapshoot as to whether or not a patch would pass audio for the remainder of the song (though it was consistent as I recall - if it worked once the issue started, then it would continue to do so). In the first instance, it happened in two of the three songs we played, and one song of four yesterday.

A few notes that may be relevant:
- In both instances, the pedalboard had been on for roughly 4-6 hours. (Note: while my board is generally not left on this long at home, it has happened in the last few weeks, and I've never noticed any issues regarding it).
- In yesterday's instance, I had a break in the song and decided to try restarting my entire board. This (thankfully) resolved the issue for the back half of the last song, and I had no more issues.
- Every time this happened, it occured while playing different songs.
- The first Sunday it happened, we played through the entire set 4-5 times total, and 5-6 times yesterday. In both cases, it only happened once in all those sets.
- In one of the presets that gave me the issue yesterday, no loops on the PBC were active (see VIBRATO| All Things New in the attached setup file).
- In both cases, I saved no preset changes once practice ended, and in both cases, I got through at least one full gathering without any issues (IE: not something weird saved into a preset on accident).
- My signal chain is essentially Guitar > Compressor > PBC > HX Stomp (delay/reverb in FX loop) > Board Output.

Now, I personally think the chance that this is MIDI related is pretty high, as my Rig has a pretty crazy amount of stuff going on, and I'm already digging into my programming to see if anything there might be causing this. I want to be safe though, so I figured I'd post and see if anyone else has had this issue, and if so, how they fixed it. I'll also post my unmodified setup file from yesterday in case anyone wants to look at it.

Attachments

• Caseman PBC 6X Setup.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
That's going to be a tricky one to debug, but if you come across it in a situation where you have time to mess with it, it would be helpful to manually switch each loop, buffer, injput and output on and off to see what does and doesn't fix the problem.

Back