Sound Sculpture Volcano

franktree

I'm trying to get the Sound Sculpture Volcano to work with my PBC so I can use the expression pedal connected to the PBC at times as a volume pedal, but can't seem to get it to work. Here's how I have it set up:

Set my PBC to MIDI channel 8 (which is otherwise unused) and I've set the Volcano to MIDI channel 8 using the dip switches.

I have the Out 1-4 of the PBC running to the IN of the Volcano and the Out of the Volcano running to the In 5-6 of the PBC (just to make sure I'm not crazy, I tried flipping this as well, but it made no difference).

I have the preset I'm working with set to send PC 50 to the Volcano (so that I have a sweep of "off" to +0 dB (according to the manual).

The Volcano recognizes the PC message because the light flickers when I change to the preset, but I get no sound to my amp no matter what position my expression pedal is in. If I pull the Out 1-4 and In 5-6, I get signal to the amp fine. I also checked and my expression pedal works with other presets where it controls a different pedal.

Does anyone know what I'm missing, or what I'm doing wrong?

Hello, Franktree - reviving this thread to see if you ever solved your issue. I'm looking at a Volcano to use with PBC/10, so am wondering if you were, in fact, 'doing something wrong...' or if there's some deeper incompatibility between PBC/10 and the Volcano. Seems unlikely, as I would have thought 'MIDI is MIDI..' but what do I know?

Would love to hear how you solved your problem!

Robert

Hi Robert. I did get it solved. Honestly, I can't remember what I did or what the issue was. Sorry I can't be more helpful. But it is possible to get it to work without any real trouble. I think I was just being dumb. I've since gotten rid of the Volcano which is why I can't quite remember what I did with it.

Thanks for the info! One more question, if you don't mind: Do you remember why you got rid of the Volcano? I just ordered one, because the idea of it seems extremely good. Once you got it functioning properly, was there something you didn't like about it?? Thanks, again.

I think in the end I found it a little complex and fiddly. It was easier for me to just go back to a standard volume pedal.

Thanks for letting me know. My Volcano is due here in 2 days, and I'll check it out carefully. As I mentioned, I love the concept of it, and hope it works out for me. Thanks, again.

Hi, I'll have Lehle mono 90 between input 4 and 5, but looking to buy and put Volcano at the end of the line for solo boosts as it can take pretty hot FX signal from my Bogner XTC 20th based on the documentation.

@rlhinc does it work for you? Did you manage to get it to work as desired? I read about MIDI programing each channel which takes time,but it's doable...

Back