SP1-RJM as Volume Pedal?

I recently purchased the SP1-RJM because many vendors quoted the following "can be used to control external MIDI effects such wah, whammy and volume" but unfortunately I can figure out how to make this thing work as a volume pedal to save my life.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I hate to break it to you, but you didn't get a volume pedal. The SP1-RJM is an expression pedal, meaning that you plug it into an expression port in the PBC, and you can use it to send MIDI signals out to any pedals on the board. If one of them allows you to control volume, then you can set it to do so then, or control any number of other effects. If you post what pedals you have on your board, maybe we can help you figure out how to do what you want to do.

I hate to break it to you, but you didn't get a volume pedal. The SP1-RJM is an expression pedal, meaning that you plug it into an expression port in the PBC, and you can use it to send MIDI signals out to any pedals on the board. If one of them allows you to control volume, then you can set it to do so then, or control any number of other effects. If you post what pedals you have on your board, maybe we can help you figure out how to do what you want to do.

Sorry for the confusion. Yes I know it’s an expression pedal but I was thinking there was a master volume out on the mastermind that could be controlled by the RJM expression pedal.

Sorry for the confusion. Yes I know it’s an expression pedal but I was thinking there was a master volume out on the mastermind that could be controlled by the RJM expression pedal.

The mastermind is not that kind of device. It’s a relay switcher. Things are either on or off, no inbetween. Sorry, there is no way to use the SPM as a volume unless you have an effect on your board that can do that (via Midi) and that would be incredibly rare. Sorry. You need a volume pedal.

The mastermind is not that kind of device. It’s a relay switcher. Things are either on or off, no inbetween. Sorry, there is no way to use the SPM as a volume unless you have an effect on your board that can do that (via Midi) and that would be incredibly rare. Sorry. You need a volume pedal.

Understood. Thanks

Understood. Thanks

All that said...if you’re looking for an expression pedal, that ones great. I have it. The LED on it can be programmed to go on/off per preset. I program the LED to come on to indicate to me that it does something on the particular preset I’m on. If you’re able, keep it (if you have Midi effects on your board). You can do awesome stuff with it. Verb mix, decay times, delay levels...the sky is the limit.

Back