SP1-RJM LED

MattRemixed

Hi Ron,

Quick question: how do you control the LED on the SP1-RJM used through a PBC? It's connected to both the exp pedal and ext switch inputs via TRS, but I can't seem to figure out how to set the LED. I've tried setting On and Off colours in the Ext switch settings window, but that doesn't seem to do anything.

Peace,
Matt

For the LED to work, the button type needs to be one that turns on and off - IA or Preset. At the moment, color settings are ignored, but in the future it will pay attention to black vs. non-black colors.

Could the LED be turned on and off to signal which pedal is being used in the pedal group? Or is that not possible, say, for a future update?

If you mean expression pedal group, then it's currently not possible. However, I'll consider it for a future release.

That's why I couldn't get it to work then! Thanks Ron.

P.S. It would be a great addition for a future release. In my case, I'm using a TimeLine and a H9, and knowing which pedal I'm currently controlling with the exp pedal by looking at the LED would be helpful.

I think what's going to happen is that I'll create an action that sets the expression pedal parameters. This will open up lots of possibilities, you can have an IA button switch between two pedal settings, and an IA Cycle button switch between 3 or 4 settings. Each setting could have its own color setting. You could even do crazy stuff like have the pedal switch what it controls between the upper part and the lower part of the pedal travel. Once I have that, I'd get rid of the Exp Pedal Group settings because this would be way more powerful.

I think what's going to happen is that I'll create an action that sets the expression pedal parameters. This will open up lots of possibilities, you can have an IA button switch between two pedal settings, and an IA Cycle button switch between 3 or 4 settings. Each setting could have its own color setting. You could even do crazy stuff like have the pedal switch what it controls between the upper part and the lower part of the pedal travel. Once I have that, I'd get rid of the Exp Pedal Group settings because this would be way more powerful.

I think it is a great idea!

Then, is it possible to assign different exp pedal functions per IA button other than per preset? Specifically, for a MIDI-capable strymon pedal, say Timeline, assign an IA button to change the MIDI channel and/or CC number of exp pedal, so that after pressing this button(s), we could use the pedal travel to control repeats, mix, or other parameter(s), respectively. I hope some day in the future, we can edit some midi presets without bending down to turn the actual knobs...

I had post a similar theme in the PBC Wish list forum, but was ignored somehow. Pending any replies. Cheers!

I think it is a great idea!

Then, is it possible to assign different exp pedal functions per IA button other than per preset? Specifically, for a MIDI-capable strymon pedal, say Timeline, assign an IA button to change the MIDI channel and/or CC number of exp pedal, so that after pressing this button(s), we could use the pedal travel to control repeats, mix, or other parameter(s), respectively. I hope some day in the future, we can edit some midi presets without bending down to turn the actual knobs...

I had post a similar theme in the PBC Wish list forum, but was ignored somehow. Pending any replies. Cheers!

Yes, that's correct, you can change exp pedal settings on the fly.

Your request wasn't ignored, I just haven't implemented it yet!

Thanks again Ron, I'll look forward to this hopefully being an update in the not too distant future. Honestly, best customer service ever, I'd just about recommend a PBC on that basis alone.

Peace,
Matt

Back