Strymon IRIDIUM

Shimon

I am considering buying The Strymon Iridium. where do you think I put it in my pedalboard chain. I have effects that are usually connected before the amplifier and those that are plugged in after (loop fx) .... Iridium doesn't have LOOP FX...

The iridium is an amp modeling with one input and 2 L/R stero output.
For example, I connect the guitar to a overdrive pedal and from the overdrive out to the iridium input. Then From the L/R out stereo of the Iridium I connect to the L/R inputs of the strymon timeline and from the stereo L/R of the strymon output to a stereo Amplifier.
How do I connect it to the PBC10 ?
I thought I would take the OUT 5-6 port to the iridium input, but where do I connect the two L/R output of the iridium?
Input 7-10 is one mono input....Or I'm wrong....
At the end I want a stereo rig.

Thanks

Last edited:
Since it's an amp modeler, it should go at the very end of your chain. If you read about it on Strymon's site they spell out all the options of how and where to use it in the chain; they specifically talk about how it's not designed to go into an amp. And if you're coming out stereo from a pedal, you need a TRS cable (stereo cable) on one end to plug into the Iridium input and the other two TS (mono) ends to plug into the stereo L and R outs from your last pedal. Does that make sense?

Strymon really does a better job than me explaining it on their site. :)

So you could either put it in your last stereo loop on your PBC (assuming you're going to use it sometimes but not all the time) or you could just put it outside your loops altogether. For stereo you'll need that TRS splitter cable, though -- they sell one on their site too.

"Since it's an amp modeler, it should go at the very end of your chain"
But I want it before the reverb/delay...and after overdrive/compressor.

Yes, you could put it in a loop before your reverbs and delays, that will also work fine. You can treat it as any other effect for purposes of connecting it. You'll just need to make sure that main PBC output goes to something other than a guitar amp, since the Iridium signal already has the equivalent of amp and cab applied.

"you could put it in a loop before your reverbs and delays"
It makes sense....Thank you

Back