Strymon Timeline Looper Midi Controls with Mastermind

AverageJoe

I'm new (very) to MIDI so this feels like a massive victory for me but in essence I wanted JUST the mastermind on the floor in front of me on stage and EVERYTHING else back by my two amps. Strymon timeline & möbius, reverb pedal, booster, drive & distortion. I'm the singer so tap dancing whilst playing as well is a no go plus I don't like the tone sap of long cables in an FX loop. So, I use he looper a fair bit but wanted it controlled by the Mastermind.

1. if you use the Alternate Preset already you will need to sacrifice that, Alternate mode will now switch the mastermind to Looper Control. Set the midi channel for IA mode to that of your timeline.

2. Update your timeline to beta firmware 1.43

3. Choose your additional 2 controls for the looper, record, play & stop being the must haves leaves you with buttons 4&5 to assign.

4. Ensure your record button (mine is IA1) is set as latching mode, pulse mode sends it into crazy feedback loop and spirals out of control. Pulse mode for remaining buttons works fine.

Any specific questions, please ask. Happy to pass it on.

Cheers, Tim

Thanks for sharing this, Tim! I know this took a lot of trial and error to get everything talking to each other. You're definitely saving a lot of time for anyone else who wants to do this.

Back