Suggestions here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I woke up thinking about what I had said In my email and post. I want to be able to mute the direct to amp guitar, when only the Gr55 sound is being used and have the ability to add a single input loop (not a series conn.) to the output, when using the direct guitar. Sorry for the comfusion. It sounds like your effects gizmo would work, but just too expensive. Thanks

I need a pedalboard, and the Mastermind GT looks better than the original. But I like my pedals in just one row. So a Mastermind with screens like the GT would suit me. I own an Eventide Eclipse, and the only things I want to control are patch+/-, turning FXA/FXB on/off, and inc/dec parameter levels by "x" db or cnts.

+1 for a MasterMind GT mini... Smaller unit with LCDs and more AI slots and functions would be great - something similar to the FAMC Liquidfoot+ Jr+ that seems to have vaporized.

yeah i have wanted a smaller footprint GT like controller like a gcp size or cae rs-10 size, or lf-12+ size, etc etc never thought to ask, because i'm a jerk,

as for the aforementioned preamp switcher!, yes yes yes, do want, even though at the moment i have no real need for it, but will soon i guess?

i think a switcher/router would be cool, i understand the liability issue, and frankly it scares the hell out of me,

New product idea,
An Ultra Compact Pedalboard Midi Switching System, maximizing every switch using your programmable pages and programmable multi function buttons.

About the size of a Musicomlab MRK3 with 8 switches 4 on bottom 4 on top.
Instead of wasting the top 2 left switches on mode switch and mute/tune respectively, replace them as programmable buttons (assignable to every function) globally, per bank or per preset.
The bottom 4 buttons could access presets (with a 5th global preset) and the top two right buttons (7 & 8) bank down and up.

Now here is the trick, to access 4 pre programmed pages simply use a hold function on bottom switches 1 through 4

Hold switch 1 and all 8 buttons could become instant access to all 8 loops

Hold switch 2 and the bottom 4 buttons control (FS) amp switching (the top 4 your favorite IA loops, CC, PC etc.)

Hold switch 3 and you could have all 8 buttons for presets, plus global preset makes 9
Presets on one page! Many could live on this alone.

Hold switch 4 and you could do any combination available!

To exit back to home page re-hold button 1-4 you’re accessing.
(Or maybe hold 5 or 6)

Hold switch 6 top left side and the Mute/Tuner function engages.

Hold switch 5 or a combination of two buttons to store/save.

Putting in a multi character LCD that could fit between the 2 rows of buttons would
Absolutely put it over the top.

I really think a ton of players are looking for a compact system they can use on there pedaltrains etc. I have seen the new Musicomlab MRKIV, which looks cool (it’s bigger) but I think you guys could do much better incorporating your current systems. Your programmable buttons are soooo damn cool and to be able to call a preset and have multiple buttons available on the SAME page for e.g. IA Boost Pedal – Channel switching – Delay setting – CC message – etc. is really powerful and what I hear a lot of players asking for.

Also being able to access your editor through USB port or Bluetooth is essential and I don’t think this is available with the MRKIV

Keeping it really small and limiting the number of buttons to hit is key.

A MIDI audio control box that your input can come in and then be able to be put to A or B for me.

Basically i need to have a box that i can use the preamp effects and preamp of my amp on onside, side A. But be able to switch to a pre-amp that just goes directly to my FX loop for amplification this would be side B. Thats one rig idea.

Or alternatively, using the same box, be able to switch side B to run to a acoustic amp via a stereo insert into the input to be able to split my signal between a electric signal and a piezo signal to a Roland acoustic amp.

A simple update to the original Mastermind by updating the screen to a similar one to the FMAC Liquid Foot+ Mini as that would be a killer MIDI controller for a ultra small compact rig.

I'd love if the Mini Line Mixer had balanced inputs, and a 1/4" switching jack for the mute control on the 4th input. Those two features would allow it to replace my 1U mixer for my direct preamp signal and two effects units, and actually be even more flexible because I could mute the dry. Those modifications would make it more suitable for many rack users.

Hello everyone, I'm new here.

How about a variant of the Mastermind LT with integrated audio interface?

The idea is to enable the control of any DAW & modeler plugin, or stand-alone modeler for live performance. Basically turn your laptop into a turn-key guitar rig.

This isn't a new idea, but I don't like what's available. The Apogee Gio is simply too large and is exclusive to Mac users, as far as I know... I feel like a much more elegant, universal solution could be achieved.

Possible specs:
-Similar to Mastermind LT (or smaller)
-Stereo XLR outputs
-Headphone output
-Low noise instrument input / DI
-Cirrus logic converters
-Thunderbolt / USB 3
-up to 24 bit 96 khz resolution
-Super low latency (less than 5 milliseconds)
-Can also function as standalone foot controller
-Phantom power over MIDI

Well, back to lurking.

Hello everyone, I'm new here.

How about a variant of the Mastermind LT with integrated audio interface?

The idea is to enable the control of any DAW & modeler plugin, or stand-alone modeler for live performance. Basically turn your laptop into a turn-key guitar rig.

This isn't a new idea, but I don't like what's available. The Apogee Gio is simply too large and is exclusive to Mac users, as far as I know... I feel like a much more elegant, universal solution could be achieved.

Possible specs:
-Similar to Mastermind LT (or smaller)
-Stereo XLR outputs
-Headphone output
-Low noise instrument input / DI
-Cirrus logic converters
-Thunderbolt / USB 3
-up to 24 bit 96 khz resolution
-Super low latency (less than 5 milliseconds)
-Can also function as standalone foot controller
-Phantom power over MIDI

Well, back to lurking.

Interesting idea, although doing anything above USB 2 would require a major hardware change.

What would an acceptable price point for such a product be, in your opinion?

Interesting idea, although doing anything above USB 2 would require a major hardware change.

What would an acceptable price point for such a product be, in your opinion?
Hi there!! Apologies for the late reply.

Depends on quality of course. Anything that is extremely good at what it is designed to do is usually expensive. Audio interface capability could easily drive pricing and there are several portable interfaces to compete with. So for example, let's say this new controller is basically a Mastermind LT with a Zoom UAC-2 built-in ($249.99), then it should cost $649.99, plus maybe another $100.00 for how innovative and convenient it is.

Now if the integrated audio interface is unrivaled or at least better than, let's say a universal audio Apollo twin Mk II, that should add an additional $899.99...

To work around the USB 2 limitation, you could simply add an additional USB 3 port and have the audio interface on a separate PCB. I'm merely thinking aloud here, I'm not an actual electronics engineer..

It would be really sweet to have a RJM PBC extension unit so we could place the PBC and all our pedals at the amp(s) and control it by 1 MIDI cable from the extension unit to the PBC controller. Im sure it would be worth the price (maybe 250.00) just to clean up everything in front.

Not really interested in a bunch of movable loops but it would be sweet to have 1 movable vol/insert loop.This way you could place a drive pedal there and move it in front or behind a few fx if needed since the drive pedal is what most would want to move around. It could move to any loop location except of course, the stereo loops.

How about the last 4 loops of the PBC as a separate unit?

I've had my PBC for about a month now and I'm still learning how to use it elegantly (Thanks for the help early on, Ron). Prior to that, I had a main board with a 4 channel, midi capable switcher and a second smaller board just for my effects loop with an EQ, delay and an H9 that was controlled by my switcher. This allowed my main board to be more compact. I have little need to tweak my loop effects and would then be able to leave them behind the amp with the added benefit of using a much shorter cable run for connecting them.

Aside from that, my tiresome desire for an iPad editing app, and something I could have and still could use is a more remedial editor manual with real life examples and pics or videos. I've messaged a user for his *.rjs file to cross reference his solutions with mine to hopefully end up with a more efficient and elegant setup.

I am loving it, even though it's an extravagant piece of kit for a hobbyist like me.

Is there SOME kind of format we could export our setting into a similar spreadsheet or data base? I realize the amount of settings are insane, but maybe theres some printable layout format that makes sense? It wold be so nice to have a choice of song lists, buttons, pages and MACROS in a readable form. Just a thought when i realized how handy my simplistic roland editor was. Fwiw, the pic is me sending midi thru the mmgt from the roland, then into the AXEfx bidirectionally.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    185 KB · Views: 9
"ALL" as a choice for midi channel on device page. One message sent to all 16 channels. I can always make 16 devices and put each on its own channel, then make a button send 16 messages, or generate a macro, but... And how about a power button? I'm about to drill a hole in this thing cuz I hate the idea of having to pull my bidirectional midi cable out, JUST to turn it off.... Maybe hardware revisions are not a realistic suggestion tho.

Have an idea for a new product, or a way to improve an existing product? Please let us know what's on your mind - drop your post here in the Suggestion Box!
Hi Ron,

I love all my RJM products. I started with the GT-22 with 2 amps and a rack, but this middle aged man has no roadies so I have a smaller setup now with a PBC. I'm really missing the awesome led screens. I now have to step on a button and hope I remember what preset it's going to be. If you were to make a PBC v2 with screens for at least the 5 presets I would buy it in a heartbeat. You could probably use the same chassis and add screens the size of what's used on the Line 6 Helix. That way it can fit perfectly in my existing Schmidt Array. : )

I'll give you money for a pre order right now. (LOL)

Thanks for all the great products!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back