Suggestions, please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
not suprised Ron you had some very interesting and welcome features which everyone using a midi footcontroller would want.

I'm sure that you are sufficiently far along in your design that this suggestion may not help, but I would suggest having the width no wider than the inner margins of 19" rack rails (17.5" or so). This would allow the unit to be placed in a drawer or sliding tray for transport.

Any chance for a completed version to be on display at summer NAMM this year?
I would like to see what you have to offer before making a purchase but liquid foot is out there now.

Please give us an update and realistic idea when you may be ready for Market

Thanks,

Makoto

Hi there,

We will not be at Summer NAMM. The currently plan is to have it ready for sale by the end of August. In about a month, I hope to start announcing more details, with video demos and the like. With the competition obviously paying attention, we don't want to announce things too far from the release.

List the preset banks, in the main screen, as they are scrolled through while moving to another preset bank. As it is now, I have to be look at the preset screens themselves . That is not horrible, but it would be a lot easier to see on the bigger main screen.

Ok, what specifically would you like to see on the main screen? The name & number of the first preset in the bank?

Is it possible to shunt a feed from the Axe Fx's tuner into the GT? So that a player can tune from the stage just by selecting the Tuner button, and looking at the GT. I can currently select the Axe Fx tuner from the GT, but I have to face my rack in order to see the tuning status on the Axe Fx screen.

That's definitely supposed to be possible (it's mentioned in the most recent G Major video), but I've not had enough experience with the Axe-FX to tell you how to set it up.

To fix this, there are two options:

You can go to Edit Devices, select the Axe-Fx and press Set Default Buttons, then press 1. Set Default Buttons didn't set up the Tuner button correctly in earlier firmware releases, but this will fix it. The downside of this method is that it will overwrite any changes you've made to your buttons on page 1.

or you can go to Edit Buttons, select the Tuner button, Press Add Action. Then set type to System and function to Tuner. Press done.

Either one should fix the tuner button for you.

I have the GT set up with the Tuner selection on the top left hand corner of page one on the GT. That works beautifully. However, I still have to look at the screen of the Axe Fx II to tune. The Tuner button on the GT does not bring the display to the large, central on the GT board. I have rearrange the tuner several times in the hope that the tuner display would shunt to the GT board, but no luck.

You need bi-directional communication between the MMGT and the Axe-FX to get the tuner displayed. It's possible your MIDI cable isn't carrying signal both ways (many are only made with 3 pins wired up). Connecting another cable from the MIDI Out of the Axe-FX to the MIDI In of the MMGT should make this work, and at least tell you whether you need to change your main MIDI cable.

I am using the 7 pin cable that came with my Effects Gizmo to power the GT. It is not bi-directional. I had to run a cable as you indicated above in order to get my preset names to show on the GT. I will try to the cable again to see if the tuner display pops up. Thanks

I'm going to lock this thread - now that the GT's release is imminent, we can start a new thread.

Since these suggestions were all prior to the release of the GT, I'm going to lock this thread. Please post your requests in this forum, and I'll probably end up compiling them into a list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back