Suggestions, please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't (I don't work for RJM other than helping them out at NAMM :)) but I know Ron said it would definitely be under $1500. Anything else is a bit up in the air at the moment as it's still under development (and will be for some time) and depends on the cost of final component choices etc.

Yeah, all we can say is between $1000 and $1500. I would prefer to have it on the lower side of that range if we can manage it, but it all depends on the manufacturing cost, of course. I'm still selecting the components for the the final product, so adding up the cost will have to wait. So far, all I know is that most of the hardware will change from the prototype, and only a small amount of it has been finalized. Lots to do, but I will keep you all updated as things develop!

Hi Rjmmusic,

Sorry if it was discussed before, but, do you plan to make the IAs expansion board at the same time as the MMGT? Do you plan it with displays too?
I actually use a Liquid Foot Pro (and before that, I used a FX1 with Expansion), but I really need an IA expansion. Jeff is actually too busy to realize its expansion.

Thank you for answers.

The expansion will definitely come out later than the GT itself - it will have displays, but I have not finalized he number of buttons or anything like that.

If the Mastermind GT is able to be powered by phantom power through a MIDI cable, is it possible to add a barrel-type connector for the hookup of a 9-volt effects pedal? For example, I have a Morley Bad Horsie wah pedal. It would be nice to be able to power it off the Mastermind GT and not have to worry about replacing batteries every so often. Of course the input for the barrel-type connector would probably be best placed on the side of the Mastermind GT. My vote would be to have the 9v power supply on the left side of the Mastermind GT (I'm left-handed and....left footed).

My apologies if this can't be done or seems like a ridiculous idea. I am not well-versed in electronics / power supplies. I just thought it might be useful. I know it would be useful for me. I mean, wah-type effects are to be placed before the buffer - so it sort of "stands to reason" from my perspective.

Your products are fantastic. Keep up the great work!!! Thank you for providing much-needed tools for musicians!

Not a ridiculous idea at all - many people suggested the same thing at NAMM, and Ron had already thought to implement it, just wasn't able to get it into the prototype in time. I imagine the power outlets will be on the back, so you should be able to get the power cable to reach both sides.

Yes, many, many people have requested power outlets. I'm sure it'll happen in one form or another - it makes a lot of sense to have in there.

Do you know that the new Axe-Fx 2 come out soon ?? Does the MasterMind GT can control the Axe-Fx 2 ??? I hope because I'll buy one soon and I want the MMGT as pedal board of course !!!!

Well, I hope we can get them working together, but since neither is available yet, it's too early to say for sure. :)

Hello, I am new to the forum. Great product idea: the ability to assign each button to be preset or IA, the screen above each button, touch screen! brilliant!). Anyways, it seems like an amazing product and functionality, but space is sometimes a concern on some of the smaller stages. Are there any chances of in the future (I know you guys must be very busy getting this together now) of making a mastermind GT Light, with say half as many switches? Something around 10 switches maybe? I know you have the regular mastermind, but I'm thinking all the same features (touch screen, small screens etc) of the mastermind GT, just in a smaller platform.

I'd be all over that if it ever comes out! In the mean time, good luck with this, I'm sure it'll be a big hit!

It's pretty early to think about a second GT, but the design is very modular which would make it pretty easy to repackage it into other form factors. Once the first one is out, we'll see if there's sufficient demand to do another!

That controller is news to me, but it's inevitable that someone would jump on the display over every button idea once we showed it. And, to be fair, the Line 6 M9/M13 were the first ones I know of to use the RGB backlit displays. We're just using more of them.

I'm not too worried, the display-per-button thing is only one of the new ideas that will be on the GT. I may have to keep some other features quiet until we're closer to release!!!

Speaking of quiet, I haven't posted much here, but rest assured development is still going on! I've had to divide my attention between the GT and getting the Rack Gizmo released, but that's coming to an end. I have redesigned the whole GT (twice this year, actually) and finally have a design that I think is really going to work. Really nice displays, a great system for on-board editing (without a touch screen, but way better than the usual MIDI controller), way more connectivity than any controller has ever had, and of course great editor apps.

Stay tuned!

(Oh, and thanks for the news!)

I recall first reading of the idea of individual displays over every switch on Nov 8, 2001 in the yahoo eventide users group. A number of us were discussing what features would make the ultimate midi foot controller. I used that request in my software-based midi controller ( http://www.creepingfog.com/mTroll/ ).

Here is the original quote (from http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/eventidehelps/message/167 ):
"* The controller should have multiple visual displays. Ideally, each switch should have its own alphanumeric label. This will certainly bump up the cost, but it will be a big ergonomic improvement over most other pedal boards."

I was quite happy to see it finally implemented in hardware when viewing the GT prototype video.

Wow, very cool. I had not seen any of that. That would've been a lot harder and more expensive to do 10 years ago!

If you need someone to test this, I'd love to be the guinea pig!

One suggestion that I have, and it may have been stated before, is to play nice with other manufacturers products. For example, Axess Electronics CFX4/GRX4, etc work with Voodoo labs stuff nicely. The Mini Effect Gizmo does as well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back