Suhr PT15 channel switching with PBC10

Hello RJM folks,
Before I blow up my new amp and/or PBC, I'd appreciate any info on how to best make channel switching happen here. With 25 years of channel switching amps, I've only used MIDI.
Thank you,
John

Hi John! Ron here. It's been a long time!

Just a simple TRS cable from one of the Function Switch jacks on the PBC to the footswitch jack on the PT15 should do it. Then, you can program those switches to turn on and off for each preset and/or tie them to buttons on the PBC.

Hi John! Ron here. It's been a long time!

Just a simple TRS cable from one of the Function Switch jacks on the PBC to the footswitch jack on the PT15 should do it. Then, you can program those switches to turn on and off for each preset and/or tie them to buttons on the PBC.
Thanks Ron, that is exactly what I was hoping to hear. Yes, we’re harvesting a new crop of watermelons down here on the farm!

Ron, could you be so kind as to help provide me the potential settings I should program in the MM editor for my PBC 10 for FnSwitch 3 and 4 to switch a 3 channel amp with TRS? I thought it would be ch1: FS3off, FS4off; ch2 FS3on, FS4off; Ch3 FS3on, FS4on. But, this is not getting me past Ch1.
Messed around with on values as "none," but this didn't help. I already use FS1/2 to control boost function on the Bella, but it only requires FS1 on/off.
Thank you,
John

It depends on the amp, there's no one answer, I'm sorry to say. There are 4 possible combinations of on/off for FNSW3 and 4 - if you try all 4 combinations, do you get channels to change at all?

Thank you—I think I have tried all the combinations, but the amp stays on ch1 regardless. The only thing that seems to be having an effect is inverting one or more of the two function switches. Inverting both sets it on channel 3 for all combinations I tired, and inverting only FS3 of 3 and 4 sends it to channel 2 for all permutations.
I’m setting the switch to either on or off and only experimented with setting to none.

It sounds like the switches are working, but they're not being controlled by the buttons on the PBC. Make sure the lock icon next to each function switch is opened, not closed.

When you turn on a function switch, does the "3" or "4" icon on the screen turn on?

Thanks for the speedy reply—I think we’re on to something. The FN switch number 1 indicator comes on on the PBC when I switch the boost for the Bella head in, but the 3/4 on/off commands from the new PT15 presets are not making this happen.
But, I see no lock icons in the editor for FN switches. My editor had them for Loops 1-10, buffers 1-3, input 1, dry mix, and outputs A and B. But no FN switches.
Bad news if I need to update firmware because I can’t get this old PBC to read any USB thumb drives, so can’t really update firmware/editor. :/

Yeah, that's old firmware for sure. If you want to send it in or bring it in, we can fix the USB port and update the bootloader so that you can update firmware through the editor.

Yeah, that's old firmware for sure. If you want to send it in or bring it in, we can fix the USB port and update the bootloader so that you can update firmware through the editor.
Cool, glad we found the culprit. Yes, I’d be happy to bring it in after this next week if that works for you. How long would I need to be without my little pedal brain?

Cool, glad we found the culprit. Yes, I’d be happy to bring it in after this next week if that works for you. How long would I need to be without my little pedal brain?
Probably a day or two, unless it's something that requires more work than I expected.

Hi Ron,
Can you please let me know if Thursday am would be a good time to drop off the unit. I’ll be heading up to Lake Elsinore for the day, so please let me know how early I could swing by. I thought I had your email, but not coming up?
Thanks,
John

Back