Sweetened Tuning

I have used a Peterson tuner for years and have been come very comfortable with using the sweetened tuning for my guitars and pedal steels. I like the added capability of being able to customize the tuning for guitar and curious if anyone else is doing this. My current setup is below and as close as I can get to the Peterson tuner without the decimal point.

• E1=2
  • B2=0
  • G3=0
  • D4=0
  • A5=-2
  • E6=-2
Peterson Tuning settings.
  • E1 = -2.3 cent
  • B2 = 0
  • G3 = 0
  • D4 = -0.4 Cent
  • A5 = -2.1 Cent
  • E6 = -2.3 Cent
Getting access to a Pedal steel tuning setup in the PBC would likely be too much to ask which is why I'm still holding on to my peterson tuner.

F# +6 G +6
D# -4 D -4 C# -6
G# -4 A +4
E +10 F# -2 D# +2 F -18
B +8 C# -6 C# -6 A# +10
G# -4 A +4
F# +6 G +6
E +10 D# +2 F -18
D +6
B +8

Wow, I had no idea that there were such complex tuning arrangements. Making the offsets have a single decimal place is something I could reasonably do, but the pedal steel tuning... not sure I could do that. It probably would depend on how many people ask for it.

Wow, I had no idea that there were such complex tuning arrangements. Making the offsets have a single decimal place is something I could reasonably do, but the pedal steel tuning... not sure I could do that. It probably would depend on how many people ask for it.

I figured that Pedal Steel would be out of the question because of it's relative use case being so small. Honestly I really like using the PBC with my pedal steel because it's easier to access with my foot.

Back