Switching quickly from mono to stereo and vice versa?

At the risk that this has been raised before. I want to have the possibility to choose from time to time if I will play in stereo or mono. When rehearsing or have a gig, it is not certain that you always have access to two amplifiers. I have Strymon Mobius, Timeline and Big Sky and everyone knows that you can have them in stereo or mono. I wonder if i can have these pedals connected in stereo as it described here:

http://www.rjmmusic.com/2016/03/29/using-stereo-pedals-with-the-mastermind-pbc/

but only use output A when I want mono and both outputs A and B when I want stereo or does it sound wrong with the sound of Strymon pedals are connected in stereo? I don't want to change the cables every time i need to have mono or stereo vice versa.

The only problem will be if you have delays that bounce left and right. If so, switching to mono will lose the delay repeats that are on the right. We can modify the PBC to sum the left and right sides when running in mono. Also, Goodwood Audio makes an interface box that allows you to switch to mono and mix left and right sides.

The only problem will be if you have delays that bounce left and right. If so, switching to mono will lose the delay repeats that are on the right. We can modify the PBC to sum the left and right sides when running in mono. Also, Goodwood Audio makes an interface box that allows you to switch to mono and mix left and right sides.

Thanks for the reply, i think Goodwood Audio has exactly what i want. I saw their video demonstration about Interfacer on theirs website. I live i Sweden so it is a little tricky to modify my PBC. Are there anyone in Sweden who can do it?

Thanks for the reply, i think Goodwood Audio has exactly what i want. I saw their video demonstration about Interfacer on theirs website. I live i Sweden so it is a little tricky to modify my PBC. Are there anyone in Sweden who can do it?

I don't know of anyone specifically. I could ask our dealer, These Go To 11. It's a pretty easy modification, anyone who repairs amps or other electronics could do it.

I don't know of anyone specifically. I could ask our dealer, These Go To 11. It's a pretty easy modification, anyone who repairs amps or other electronics could do it.

Aha, it was good to hear that it's easy to fix. I shop often from "These Go To 11" including my Mastermind PBC do not tell my wife :). I have to consider the pros and cons of modifying my PBC instead of buying the "Output 2" from Goodwood. You don't have to talk to them, i can do that. Thanks once again

Awesome I will make the modification...

Just keep in mind that modulation on some delays is created by slowing down one of the delay lines slightly, so you may run into phasing issues with the mixdown mod. Some presets are more susceptible to it that others (tape delay for example). You'll know instantly because 1/2 of your repeats will be very faint compared to the first repeat.

Just keep in mind that modulation on some delays is created by slowing down one of the delay lines slightly, so you may run into phasing issues with the mixdown mod. Some presets are more susceptible to it that others (tape delay for example). You'll know instantly because 1/2 of your repeats will be very faint compared to the first repeat.

I've actually been thinking about phase problem that can occur when the signal is summed together, if it was a big problem no one would recommend to make the modification!

Thanks for the tip!

Back