Sysex Messages

I have a couple of issues that I hope I can get some help with.

I've spent some time capturing sysex messages from a TC2290, specifically for the External Effects on/off functions. I've captured them, paired down the messages as much as I'm able and have been able to successfully make them work from Sysex Librarian.

I created a sysex message in the MMGT Editor with the following: F0 33 33 05 0F 0F 05 F7 F0 33 33 05 00 01 F7 (this is the command to toggle the on/off state of loop 1) and then created a button assigned to the 2290, with a Sysex action that refers to the appropriate line in the Sysex table. The on and off message is the same since it's a toggle. The message doesn't affect the 2290. I wired the MMGT up to my laptop to check the outgoing message and it's correct.

Any guesses as to why it's not working? The MIDI channel is correct on both devices, I'm able to send PC changes just fine so it would appear to be setup correctly. The 2290 is setup to receive Sysex messages and midi messages. I'm confused.

The second issue is this...
I was able to get the command for the first loop down to 15 bytes but the other four loops seem to require significantly more information and are over the limit for each sysex entry. I read that a full message can be split into several messages but how is this supposed to be setup so that one button press can send 3-4 messages in succession?

Not sure about your first issue... sounds like it should be working if it works from Sysex Librarian...?

For the second issue you just split the sysex message into 16 byte lengths and save them to different sysex numbers on the Sysex Tab. Call them up as two actions in the right order on the same button. Hope that makes sense...

Cheers
Pagzy

Got it working with help from people at TheGearPage. It turns out that the message for a keypress was incorrect. I'm very curious why it was captured incorrectly in the first place and even more curious why it worked when being sent to the 2290 from Sysex Librarian

Hey there! Newby here. But I'm a long time and well known audio pro. I also love my new Mastermind LT!

This is a great thread. I found the follow up on the gear page here:

I'm in the same boat as the OP and I'm also using my beloved TC-2290 with a RJM Mastermind LT midi controller. I too am trying to get the Sysex codes talking to both systems. I've tried the suggested:

F0 33 33 05 00 01 F7
F0 33 33 05 00 02 F7
F0 33 33 05 00 03 F7
F0 33 33 05 00 04 F7
F0 33 33 05 00 05 F7

But to no avail. I also set up the RJM IA (instant action) button as Sysex 15 with both on and off button modes.

The Mastermind LT changes presets just fine on the TC 2290 but like the OP, I would love the additional functionality.

If the OP or others can offer suggestions I'd really appreciate it!

thanks!!

I just replied on the TGP thread since I got a lot more traction there for that conversation. On page 3, you should find the complete chart that I created and published that maps out every possible key press as well as several hidden functions (in pink) that do not have physical keys assigned to them.

Thanks alot!

I'll try those codes. I saw that page 3 chart you thoughtfully made over at TGP but didn't see the loops 1-5 listed?

And are just 7 hex codes needed, or do I need to combine button pushes into separate hex entries on the Mastermind?

What about the settings on the RJM button editor for loops? Should I choose Sysex 15? I've been placing trial codes in the RJM editor Sysex page into Sysex 15 spot too. So far no changes on the TC 2290.

My TC is indeed Sysex device 51 (hex33) and I also have the spec keys set to "0" where needed at #1 & 2

The RJM also has a Sysex device number that was set to 89. Not sure about this either.

Sorry for all the questions!

Back