TC Sentry with PBC/6X

Daniel Larrea

Hi everyone, I would like to know if somebody has experience or suggestions about how to use the TC Sentry Noise Gate with PBC/6X. So far, I'm thinking about use it as part of the PBC loops (and use it in a signal chain depending on the effects used in any given preset), but maybe I'll put it in the amp's effect loop later on. In addition, any idea of how to make it work in the Fortin Zuul "way" (using the Key In to trigger the gate) given that the Sentry has a loop (Send and Return)? And I guess this question can apply for the Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor as well, since it has the same layout. Thanks!

Last edited:
I have not used that pedal, but generally, those kind of pedals would br connected like this:

Loop 1 Send to pedal input
Pedal Send to Loop 1 Return
Loop x Send to Pedal Return
Pedal Out to Loop x Return

"Loop x" can be any loop in the PBC.

Thanks for your reply! However I can't fully understand what I would achive with that setup; would I have the noise gate two times in the PBC? in addition, that would mean that I'm using two loops from the PBC at the same time? Thanks again.

In order to get the most out of the noise gate, you need to connect it twice - once right up front and once after all of your sources of gain. Basically, all of your gain pedals and amp preamp need to be in the pedal's loop.

If you're intending to use the noise gate full time, then you can move it outside the PBC, with the first half in front of the PBC's input and the second half of it connected between the amp's effect loop send and the PBC's insert loop return.

Great, thanks for the clarification and the ideas, I would give them a try and would seek for more info depending on the results. Again, thanks, I really appreciate it!

Back