Tempo led on external footswitch

Kamil Rustam

I have one of switches on my external dual footswitch set to tap tempo and flashing the tempo
It only displays the tempo in 2 cases:
1-the preset has a set tempo
2-I tap the tempo

If I select a preset that has no tempo programmed ( it will keep the tempo of whatever preset you are coming from ) the midi clock is sent but the tempo light stays black ( no flashing tempo )

would be nice if this would work as expected
(Unless it's user error?)
Thanks

Actually, the PBC will stop sending clock when on a preset & song with 0 tempo. Unless there's some bug I'm unaware of that's causing clock to continue, what's probably happening is that your receiving device is just operating off the last tempo it received.

I see, that's why I think a global tempo setting would be great so you can have the tempo continue at the same speed for every setting (while you are playing the same song) unless specified otherwise
thanks

I've been trying to set the preset tempo to 1.0BPM and switching from one preset where I tap the tempo to another kills the flashing tempo light on my external footswitch... without that light and only a flashing light on my strymon timeline... it is hard to tell if it is only a LED bug of if the PBC actually stops sending midi clock and my strymon stays in the former tempo ...

I see, that's why I think a global tempo setting would be great so you can have the tempo continue at the same speed for every setting (while you are playing the same song) unless specified otherwise
thanks

That's why there's a tempo you can specify in each song - if you specify a tempo at the song level and keep your preset tempos set to 0, then all presets in the song will use the song tempo.

I've been trying to set the preset tempo to 1.0BPM and switching from one preset where I tap the tempo to another kills the flashing tempo light on my external footswitch... without that light and only a flashing light on my strymon timeline... it is hard to tell if it is only a LED bug of if the PBC actually stops sending midi clock and my strymon stays in the former tempo ...

This issue is a bug that will be fixed in 3.1.8

That's why there's a tempo you can specify in each song - if you specify a tempo at the song level and keep your preset tempos set to 0, then all presets in the song will use the song tempo.
Lately I've been playing mostly improvised music and I don't use song mode. it would be nice though If I could start on a set tempo and keep the same tempo throughout the song while I change presets ... ( Unless i'm omitting something, it can't be achieved in preset mode at this time )

BTW, it appears that if you set your tempo to 0.1 BPM instead of 1 BPM, it will retain tempo instead of change it. This works in the current release.

That is pretty cool :)
( except that if I'm in preset mode I have to tap a tempo first or there is no tempo to retain )

"1 BPM" value, which means "keep current tempo" fixed in 3.1.8. Any tempo value of 1 or less will leave the current tempo unchanged.

Back