Timeline Tempo Sync Issue

Wesley Winford

I have noticed when I set a tempo of a song on my PBC to 77.5 for example, my timeline fluctuates between 77 and 78 constantly making a slight warp sound. Doesn't the PBC just send tempo once when I select the preset? Seems like it is trying to constantly send tempo when I don't want it to

If you're using MIDI clock, then it's sending continuously - that's how MIDI clock works. Does it work ok if you set it to 77 or 78? I wonder if the Timeline is trying to round the tempo to a whole number.

My Timeline does the same as far as rounding to the nearest number...not sure why b/c if I wanted to manually set it to a decimal I can, but for some reason it doesn't like that via Midi Clock.

Wesley, as far as the warbling sound goes, update your Timeline to the newest firmware and then go to the Global menu and turn OFF "Midi Clock Sweep". Strymon gives you the option to remove that sound you hear when Midi Clock changes the tempo.

It does work fine if I round to 77. This seems like a strymon issue. I’ll try turning off midi clock sweep though. I don’t mind if my timeline sways tempo a little, I just like to have all my tempos with decimal points correctly displayed in my mastermind.

Back