Toggling Between Expression and Volume with 1 Dunlop Volume X

scholl2512

I'm curious to know if anyone is doing this or has done this successfully. Seems like it should work, but I wanted to check first before I dive in and order cables.

I have a Dunlop Volume X and a PBC 6x. The Volume X has a separate expression pedal output jack. If I connect EXP on the Volume X into the expression of the PBC, while connecting the main in/out on the Volume X to the insert loop on the PBC, I should be able to toggle back and forth between volume and expression on the same volume pedal, correct? I have the Volume connected via a TRS Y-cable to the PBC to get an extra loop, but that shouldn't matter.

My plan is to use the volume pedal most of the time. But I'd like to be able to create a few presets that use that same pedal as an expression for my Big Sky or Timeline. I should be able to bypass the volume pedal on just those presets, correct? And then not activate the expression pedal all other times.

Simple and complicated at the same time haha.

Thanks.

Yes, that should be fine, the volume and expression functions can be used simultaneously or separately. You can just turn off the insert loop when volume control isn't wanted, and select different expression pedal settings to change its function.

Sounds great, thanks. Is the Dunlop Volume X just a normal TRS cable? I found information about the Dunlop Mini but I'm finding mixed answers on the Volume X. Anyone using one with the expression out with the PBC 6x?

Sounds great, thanks. Is the Dunlop Volume X just a normal TRS cable? I found information about the Dunlop Mini but I'm finding mixed answers on the Volume X. Anyone using one with the expression out with the PBC 6x?
It will need a TRS cable that swaps tip and ring to work correctly. Some information can be found here, including links to companies that make that kind of cable:

Last edited:
Back