Triple recto, m13 latency issue with mini amp gizmo

semaximus

hey all, ive been looking everywhere to see if anyone else has had this problem to no avail. The problem is when im trying to switch channels on my m13 running it as a midi controller there is a pop and a drop out between switching channels. I've followed the quick setup and everything works together except for the latency and popping. Any help would be great!

There definitely shouldn't be any more pop or dropout using the Mini Amp Gizmo than there is with the amp's own footswitch. Rectifiers are known to pop when switching channels, especially right after you turn them on.

Compare the footswitch with the Mini Amp Gizmo and see if there is a difference - if for some reason there really is more pop with the Mini Amp Gizmo, it might have to go in for repair.

Another thing to try is to use another MIDI controller if you have one. I don't recall the M13 having any latency when switching patches, but it would be interesting to try it against a dedicated MIDI controller and see if the M13 is slower.

I found that initially, when using my RG-16 to switch my Peavey JSX, I'd get nasty pops when switching channels. But once I'd switched through the channels a couple of times, I no longer had the issue. So I used to just run through the channels a couple of times as a matter of course before I turned on the Standby switch on my amp. I suspect it was something to do with capacitors and/or static build-up on the amp. It'd pop just the same with the footswitch, but the footswitch was so noisy itself (insanely heavy duty switches) that you didn't notice it so much. Never had any latency issues though.

Thanks for the quick reply. I know of the mesa's popping when switching channels and its not that. It's like a .5 millisecond delay. I have a ground control thaty ill hook tomorrow and see if that helps.

Thanks for the quick reply. I know of the mesa's popping when switching channels and its not that. It's like a .5 millisecond delay. I have a ground control thaty ill hook tomorrow and see if that helps.
Hi, I am having the same issue with the pops and gap when switching channels. Did your Ground Control loop help with this at all?

Back