Trouble with creating a preset on the MEG X itself

ChrisConteGuitar

Hi Ron. For some reason, I cannot create a preset on the MEG X using my new GT10. I can create a preset in the editor software just fine. However, if I select a few loops for a preset manually on the MEG X, and then push/hold the STORE but, it appears to save the preset, but I can't recall it on the GT10 preset button. The LEDs just "blip" on and off, almost like the GT10 sends the preset command and something else clears it.

Thoughts?

Here's what's likely happening. You have the GT programmed to send PC messages to the MEGX (in the Preset tab) and you have it programmed to send CC messages to the MEGX (in the Buttons tab). When you select a preset on the GT, this is what happens:

- The GT sends a program change to the MEGX
- The MEGX recalls the last preset data you saved using its front panel buttons, activating loops as required
- The GT sends the on/off state of every button that controls the MEGX, setting the loops as the GT buttons indicate

That's why they're turning on briefly, then turning off. The MEG's preset says the loops should be on, but the GT's preset says that the loops should be off.

I recommend not using the MEGX front panel buttons at all and instead using the GT buttons to do all programming. Then you'll never have a conflict.

Back