TRS - Dual TS with MEG X

Hey Ron (& everyone),

Greetings from Canada! I'm beyond excited about my first RJM products - the Overture & MEG X as part of a redesign of my board.

As I plan my rebuild, I was wondering if there are any existing solutions to splitting the stereo TRS plugs on the MEGX to dual mono TS for my stereo pedals?

I'm prepared to order 14 of these stereo breakout cables if I have to, but they're rather clunky. I was hoping for some sort of small hard adapter like this 1/4 TRS to dual mono RCA or this 1/4 TRS to dual TRS except that neither of them provide the right connections between the MEG X and my dual TS stereo guitar pedals. For the life of me I can't find the right adapter.

Any ideas?

Have a look at https://revelationcablecompany.com

He can do all sorts of custom cables, including trs to dual ts insert cables.

Being based in Canada as well (Edmonton, AB), I was very happy when I found this guy. Not cheap, but he does REALLY good work. And saves trying to order custom cables from, eg, Best Tronics Pro Audio and then deal with customs charges, etc.

Thanks for the resource! I'll definitely keep him in mind. I'm not really into the idea of having custom cables made for this particular project given my tendency to switch up pedal placement and whatnot. I'm really just very confused as to how I can't find any adapters — like the ones I've listed above — but TRS to dual TS. Like how are those sketchy TRS M to dual TRS F adapters all over the place, but nobody has bothered to create a TRS M to dual TS F? Am I missing something?

Fair enough. Never seen 1/4 inch trs to ts adapters like you mentioned, but then I’ve never looked

I’m not sure whether adapters like the ones you listed would fit plugged into the jacks on the back of a MEG X — Ron or someone who has a unit to hand might have a better sense if those could work.

Otherwise, those mini breakout cables may well be your best bet if you’re not after trs to dual ts insert cables (custom made or not).

I'm guessing there just isn't enough demand for adapters like that, it's a pretty specialized thing compared to a TRS Y cable that people could use to split a stereo signal. Insert cables with TRS and 2xTS on the other end are hard enough to find as it is.

You're probably going to have to have the adapters custom built. I'm sure Best-tronics (www.btpa.com) would do that, among others.

They seem like they would fit, but without dimensions, I don't know for sure. The jacks are spaced .65" / 16.5mm apart at their closest point.

I stumbled across these EBS cables, which will probably do the trick.

Ron, do you happen to know if the MEG X ins/outs are spaced well enough to accommodate these cables plugged into every spot?
I’m using 10 ebs right angle insert cables with my MEGX, they fit and work great!

Attachments

• C7E9736B-4882-4A91-A9B6-DA75B7F1DD18.jpeg
    C7E9736B-4882-4A91-A9B6-DA75B7F1DD18.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 12
  • 9951CA48-088A-4843-A408-7FE30C33609E.jpeg
    9951CA48-088A-4843-A408-7FE30C33609E.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 12
Back